Talk

Advanced search

Bolognese stains on oilcloth tablecloth!

(12 Posts)
deaddei Fri 04-Sep-09 10:58:02

Any ideas please?
I've tried cif but no joy.
Brand new John Lewis cloth-grrr!

stealthsquiggle Fri 04-Sep-09 10:59:09

<<hovers for ideas which would rescue my overpriced Cath K spotty oilcloth>>

(not hopeful, though sad)

flier Fri 04-Sep-09 11:07:34

I'm sure milton worked for me

MrsBadger Fri 04-Sep-09 11:13:24

it fades all by itself, esp if you leave it in daylight

we have a cheap CK knockoff (from roll in fabric shop) and the first time it got curry on I was distraught

2y on it is absolutely fine, only damage is a smooth spot where the glass dropped out of a ceiling spotlight and melted the plastic coating...

stealthsquiggle Fri 04-Sep-09 11:17:22

MrsB - so if I put it out on the washing line might the stains fade faster then [hopeful]?

MrsBadger Fri 04-Sep-09 11:23:06

yes absolutely

but our table is by the french doors int he kitchen so I just leave it on and stains go of their own accord [slattern]

BonsoirAnna Fri 04-Sep-09 11:26:15

Try a bit of the Cillit Bang cleaner with bleach - rub at it with an e-cloth. But don't leave it on to soak.

Oily sauces with tomato and/or spices are dreadful for staining...

flier Fri 04-Sep-09 11:29:34

or milton hmm

stepaway Fri 04-Sep-09 12:49:20

flier, what's up with the hmm?

SoupDragon Fri 04-Sep-09 12:50:04

Sunlight.

treacletart Fri 04-Sep-09 12:52:44

I've done this several times now. Freaked out when bleach wouldn't shift it and then magically next time you look for it its gone. Don't worry.

stealthsquiggle Fri 04-Sep-09 14:16:39

See in our dining room, which is not the sunniest room, and where I tend to keep the curtains shut anyway (we don't use it that much) the stains have hung around for ages.

<<dashes off to clear piles of junk and whip tablecloth off table and hang it on the line>>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now