Talk

Advanced search

silver fish - help!

(5 Posts)
RacingSnake Thu 03-Sep-09 20:54:40

Just been into the wardrobe to look out some winter clothes and everything is full of holes! I think it must be silver fish rather than clothes moths because there are holes in the synthetic linings as well as the wool/synthetic coats, dresses etc.

What can I do?

Our cottage is old and damp and nothing is going to change that. I am not keen on chemicals but need to have some clothes left and the wardrobe can be kept closed again child and cats.

nevergoogledragonbutter Thu 03-Sep-09 20:55:49

my sister says she saw one in my kitchen tonight. i've never even heard of them.
wtf are they?
should i do something?

ArizonaBarker Thu 03-Sep-09 20:56:06

Cloves or oil of cloves works on silverfish.

Little piles of cloves in the corners of cupboards or dabs of the oil all around will see them off.

RacingSnake Thu 03-Sep-09 21:11:39

That sounds rather nice. I love the smell of cloves.

Silver fish, for those who don't know, are little wriggly beasties, a bit like fast slim woodlice, that live in damp places and eat books, paper, clothes etc. I have been seeing them about for months but have been too lazy ecologically minded to do anything about them. They have now abused my trust.

nevergoogledragonbutter Thu 03-Sep-09 21:45:50

yuck.

but i like the cloves idea.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now