Talk

Advanced search

Stains from lilies

(8 Posts)
noddyholder Thu 03-Sep-09 11:31:42

How do I get that bright yellow staining out?It is all over 2 white tops where dp and I both touched them when pulling the curtains and I have washed with bio powder and still there!

McDreamy Thu 03-Sep-09 11:33:22

Lily stains are a pain aren't they? I've learnt the hard way and now cut the stems out. Hopefully someone will come along with an answer for you! I will watch with interest.

stealthsquiggle Thu 03-Sep-09 11:38:01

Good luck. We had a carpet replaced on insurance because there was no way to remove those stains. Bleach is your only hope, I suspect (and removing the stamens before they open next time!).

noddyholder Thu 03-Sep-09 11:47:01

Aaaah!I have done ariel and bleach in the machine and no luck!Curtains covered aswell dp will go nuts as they are new!I usually do remove the stamens but just left them as they ere upstairs and I forgot about them

FelicityB Wed 09-Sep-09 20:04:06

I've found the only way to get lilly stains out is sunlight. Pop the item in a window/conservatory/greenhouse for a few days and the sunlight will bleach it clean.
Hope this helps x

GoneCuckoo Wed 09-Sep-09 20:05:19

DO NOT WET!!!!!

Sellotape, then wash as usual.

lovelylullaby Wed 09-Sep-09 20:17:59

I've got lily stains on our white material blinds a couple of times. While they are still dry and powdery hoover em up with the vacuum attachment.

ShinyPinkShoes Wed 09-Sep-09 20:20:17

The only way I have ever been able to remove them is by blowing a hairdrier on the stain using the lowest setting.

Sellotape also works but if you've already washed them I don't think there is much hope- sorry.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now