Talk

Advanced search

Not holding out much hope - permanent marker on varnished wood

(11 Posts)
LadyStealthPolarBear Thu 03-Sep-09 11:29:18

Does anyone have any removal tips?

nancy75 Thu 03-Sep-09 11:31:18

try perfume, strangely it gets most stuff off, obviously try it on a bit of table you cant see first just incase it take off the varnish.

LadyStealthPolarBear Thu 03-Sep-09 11:34:35

ok, will try that now thanks - any particular recommendations?

stripes200 Thu 03-Sep-09 11:42:56

That reminds of a yellow pages advert from way way back, 80's maybe?

Some teens had had a party and a highly polished table had gotten marked in some way, it could have marker pen can't remember that detail, and they called out a french polisher from the yellow pages and watched as he performed magic on this precious table. It was all fine in the end.

Sorry, no help to you at the moment with the table but it just sparked off a memory and I thought share smile

LadyStealthPolarBear Thu 03-Sep-09 11:45:53

yes, I had that in the back of my mind...I'm guessing they sanded it and french polished it! Not really an option for me!

FrazzledFairyFay Thu 03-Sep-09 11:47:59

a few possibilities

LadyStealthPolarBear Thu 03-Sep-09 12:01:13

shock
shock
shock
shock
shock
shock
shock
shock
shock
shock
shock
[ shock]
shock
shock
shock
shock
shock
shock
shock
shock
shock
shock
[s hock]
shock
shock
shock
shock
shock
shock
shock
shock
shock
shock

LadyStealthPolarBear Thu 03-Sep-09 12:01:33

nancy75 I want to kiss you

LadyStealthPolarBear Thu 03-Sep-09 12:03:49

Thanks for your suggestions too FFF - I assume it's the alcohol in the perfume that did it

OK so you probably figured out that it worked, but it wasn't even difficult - it wiped off so easily, like you'd wipe off a whiteboard marker with water! I can't believe it - I thought anything that helped would reduce the look of it, at the expense of the shine on the varnish iyswim.

Why do people not know about this!! That poor guy in the yellow pages advert probably spent a fortune.

nancy75 Thu 03-Sep-09 12:37:44

grin glad it worked!
i guess its the alcohol, dont even know how i know about it, but it gets everything off.

LadyStealthPolarBear Thu 03-Sep-09 12:38:26

you have a kiss waiting for you in chat

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now