Talk

Advanced search

Tips For and Easier LIfe.

(10 Posts)
StressBat Tue 01-Sep-09 21:51:43

Things that actually make life easier not stupid womans own tips to do with tights and shit like that grin.

Start a present drawer/ box, keep unwanted/ unsuitable gifts and sale bargains for when DD comes home and tells you she has a party that evening. (make a note of who the unwanted things are from so you don't give them back).

But pack of assorted occasion cards from pound shop and you are ready for those forgotten celebrations.

Keep a kid kit in the car, baby wipes, poly bag, bottle water, hankies, ginger biscuits.

Emergency kit for car, water proof bright jacket (ideally hi vis), sensible shoes (if you wear heels a lot), torch.

Other emergency kit for car, scissors, sellotape, pen, notepad ( I seem to end up wrapping presents in the car).

Mousey84 Tue 01-Sep-09 22:00:35

Emergency kit for car should also contain cutlery for impromptu picnics and blankets - good for picnic but also in case you break down in winter as car will cool v quickly if engine wont turn on.

Oh and hats /gloves and umbrellas.

And a supply of carrier bags (supermarket shopping/ bin, esp if kids eat in the car)

MagNacarta Tue 01-Sep-09 22:01:53

and that gel antibacterial stuff kept in the car.

sushistar Tue 01-Sep-09 22:04:33

Have a handbag big enough to fit a LOT of stuff in.

StressBat Tue 01-Sep-09 22:20:36

Another suggestion I got was to allocate a box/ shelf/ space near front door for each family member to dump stuff like bags, watches and other stuff required for next day, notes for school etc can be put there so you don't have to search out school bags, put notes in and the kids don't even know.

StressBat Tue 01-Sep-09 22:49:57

Get a calender with columns for each family member. Beside calender have a buldog clip on a hook for each family member for school notes, forms etc.

Have a A4 folder of poly pockets for all your own to do things, letters to be replyed to, brochures to order from, bookings to confirm, flights to book in online, confirmations, paper work to take on holiday, snippets out of mags to look up online etc etc.

Have a house reference book include.
Important phone numbers, doctor, dentist etc.
Not so important numbers like hair dresser and take away.
Kids friends/ freinds parents numbers.
Record of everyones birthdays and anniverseries.
Car details.
Codes like wireless key, mobile blocking, number, insurance account numbers.
Record of all direct debits.

SparkyToo Fri 04-Sep-09 19:00:43

My boys sleep under thesewashable duvets - I must really recommend them as my eldest wet his bed yesterday and I put the duvet in the wash after all the bed linen, only to forgot about it and pull it out of the washing machine at about 5pm!

Anyway popped it on the washing line and with the high wind it was literally dry within the hour - so back on his bed by the time he went to bed - AMAZING! Little things like that just make life a whole lot easier!!

MoochieHomma Sat 05-Sep-09 16:51:51

Message withdrawn

mathanxiety Sat 05-Sep-09 21:17:40

Big family calendar, and somewhere to always put your keys, where toddlers can't reach them blush. A hanging thing for shoes that you can put everyone's hats, gloves, scarves in. A shoe basket or box near the doors. A slow cooker.

mathanxiety Sat 05-Sep-09 21:18:35

A secretary and housekeeper grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now