Talk

Advanced search

how to hide washing up liquid/sponges/ brush in new kitchen

(14 Posts)
vannah Tue 01-Sep-09 21:49:49

is there a nice way or a product to disguise the brightly vile coloured cleaning products and plastic bottles of fairy which are spoiling the lovely new sink/worktop...?

thankyou!

IOnlyReadtheDailyMailinCafes Tue 01-Sep-09 21:52:26

I dont have a new kitchen but mine go in the cupboard under the sink.

vannah Tue 01-Sep-09 22:06:03

hmm, i thought about that , but i dont have a dishwasher so am washing up about 4 times a day - would rather leave it out somehow.

thankyou though...

IOnlyReadtheDailyMailinCafes Tue 01-Sep-09 22:07:56

I have a dishwasher so rarely use anything than a spray or cloth.

watfordmummy Tue 01-Sep-09 22:11:44

i have diswasher too, but have stuff on side, as not everything goes in. Understand your prob OP.

MrsEricBana Tue 01-Sep-09 22:14:11

I have a low white rectangular ceramic dish from Habitat which takes the bottles and brush and looks pretty smart (I think!)

JackieNo Tue 01-Sep-09 22:17:27

Thing to hang on side of sink or (less successful, I think) stand for cloth. And decant your washing up liquid into a prettier bottle.

JackieNo Tue 01-Sep-09 22:21:12

Similar idea (though not sure what you do when you need to fill the sink with water hmm.
One that only works if you have a double sink
Or how about this?

JackieNo Tue 01-Sep-09 22:22:20

And one last one grin.

IOnlyReadtheDailyMailinCafes Tue 01-Sep-09 23:23:04

I can't believe somone would pay £10 for a stand for a dishcloth.

kreecherlivesupstairs Wed 02-Sep-09 08:00:40

Keep anything unsightly in the breadbin.

maggiethecat Wed 02-Sep-09 23:26:48

First of all switch to something like Ecover - no vile colour and better for the environment they say. I decant mine into a recycled radox handwash bottle with dispenser - easy to pump liquid onto sponge.

paisleyleaf Wed 02-Sep-09 23:29:15

A vase or pot?

vannah Thu 03-Sep-09 21:26:14

thankyou for all the replies everyone, i forgot to tune in last night.
jackieno, thankyou so much for all the links - Im getting the small white sink caddy as it fits in the sink and will be (hopefully) camoflaged by my white sink.

paisleyleaf - thats actually a v good suggestion, saw some nice pots in the garden centre.
kreecher yes i keep bottles/dummies etc in the bread bin...

thanks again

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now