Talk

Advanced search

Help! DS has just vomited across the landing!

(8 Posts)
IwishIhadtimetoreadnewspapers Mon 31-Aug-09 20:43:04

Please, please help me!

The only part of our house that is carpetd and he vomits 3 large amounts in different places!

I swept up the lumps <barf> and then used warm soapy water on the rest but it really reeks still.

What else should I be doing?

whomovedmychocolate Mon 31-Aug-09 20:44:26

Bicarb of soda on top of the hurl.

IwishIhadtimetoreadnewspapers Mon 31-Aug-09 21:13:38

Will it be ok on my wet carpet?

Can a cover it with towels as we'll be walking across it on our way to/from the bathroom.

whomovedmychocolate Tue 01-Sep-09 07:00:12

Yes. Best to avoid walking on sick I find but the bicarb can be vacuumed out later.

IwishIhadtimetoreadnewspapers Tue 01-Sep-09 10:11:44

Thanks! I did it and it has improved the situation a bit.

I've just rung a guy who cleaned our carpets last year and he's going to come and clean the whole area and sanitise and deodorise it but he can't come until next Monday so we'll have to keep the windows open until then!

kid Tue 01-Sep-09 10:22:06

My son vomitted all over the landing this morning too. Lucky for me we don't have carpet there and also there were no lumps in it so it was very easy to clean up.

Hope your son is all better and that the carpets don't stink!

Servalan Tue 01-Sep-09 11:32:54

After hoovering up the bicarb of soda, wiping the area with some white vinegar can help too.

IwishIhadtimetoreadnewspapers Tue 01-Sep-09 14:41:22

Kid - it's the only part of the house that does have carpet!

The smell is much better than it was - can't wait for it to be properly cleaned next Monday though!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now