grouchyoscar Mon 31-Aug-09 08:12:03

Link time!

Pick Your Babystep

AND

yourMISSION

Zone 5 this week But it is a bank holiday [grin

TeaMonster Mon 31-Aug-09 08:23:38

Morning Groucy, oh I meant to say no little visitors at TheMadHouse

We are off out for a picnic today. I am going to get cracking once the mini's and DH are in the shower

We are going to follow the sun and see where it leads us.

Hope everyone else has a great Bank Holiday Monday.

Tort No dust, dust free chalk grin

I am also like Jas on the cards, I kept them to use in any scrapbooking adn then bin the rest. keep last years christmas cards for tags and craft this year.

grouchyoscar Mon 31-Aug-09 08:26:18

Tea and our visitors have gone! By heck, we must have been loppy

Tortoise Mon 31-Aug-09 09:11:24

Morning all. smile
I am still sneezing, probably all the dust from decorating and being in the loft. Back to it soon. Need to get all the old boxes out.

I think i will go back through the cards soon and recycle most of them! smile I use non family Xmas ones as tags etc then keep family ones but i don't really know why! Probably because my Mum does and she used to moan that my sisiter doesn't keep any cards! Think my sister actually had the best idea not Mum!!

Masses to get listed on Ebay at some point plus need to bag up charity shop bits.

Bugger! Just remembered i also need to label school stuff for Wednesday!

TM Have a lovely day out smile.Grey and cloudy here again so far!

Hi Go smile.

Jas Mon 31-Aug-09 09:13:26

Morningsmile

Wolfcub Mon 31-Aug-09 09:54:07

morning all tea the chalkboard wall looks fabulous

dreading going back to work tomorrow.

leothelioness Mon 31-Aug-09 10:45:47

morning all,

was having a lazy weekend but dh is back to work today to I am back to FLYing

so far this morning
shower
dressed
breakfast
load of eashing put away another put on the line

need to
load dishwaher
wipe down kitchen
lunch
dinner
park

scattyspice Mon 31-Aug-09 15:40:29

Hi all.

Have been out to the beach. DS rode his bike to the cafe then we played on the beach smile. Despite my best attempts to keep him out of the house dh has started knocking holes in the wall again shock. I said can't you just go to the pub or something lol.

tort we have been in the loft as well. I have hauled out all the winter clothes for me and dc (dh wears same clothes all year roung lol). Every thing still fits and we have more than enough. SHOUT AT ME IF I BUY ANY NEW CLOTHES (please).

Right off to get dustpan (sigh).

grouchyoscar Mon 31-Aug-09 17:26:49

envy at you lucky ladies with easy access to a beach.

Took the stablizers off Ed's bigger bike today, he took to it very quickly and he looked so very grown up. He needs the seat highering tho

Mostly pottered today, oh and built a robot out of gears. Sorted out my new phone and begged for a few replacement numbers and reserved a desk lamp for Ed's room (it is no longer a bedroom but his 'office' as his dad put a PC in there hmm)

Chicken and pepper rissotto for tea tonight grin last night's leftover roast put to good use

Wolfcub Mon 31-Aug-09 18:16:05

Evening all

bed made (sort of)
some washing put away
wm unloaded reloaded and on
rubbish out
been to mothercare to take ill fitting bed guard back
ds has been painting whilst I have been papier-macheing myself a money box
just in the process of making apple crumble and tea for ds, I will probably have a boiled egg later whilst dp has his steak.

Back to the grindstone tomorrow so my flying and posting will be more limited sad

scattyspice Mon 31-Aug-09 19:10:19

Grouchy - well done Ed! DS is never going to get the hang of riding without stabilisers, he is far too cautious and cycles too slowly hmm.

wolf I am impressed by paper machete (I can't even spell it let alone do it lol).

Welcome back from holidays swan I think I have missed a day or two and didn't realise you were back smile.

Wolfcub Mon 31-Aug-09 19:50:37

sad ds flew into a rage again (didn;t want to go in the sitting room but had to because stove on therefore unsafe in kitchen). After trying to smash me in the face with his lego truck a few times and flinging things around the room in a total temper I was holding him on the sofa so that he couldn't hurt himself/me/break the window and he bit me so hard that he nearly took a chunk out of my arm. DP says he was really concentrating on trying to do it based on the look on his face. I have a mouth sized black circular bruise that came up straight away despite ice and cold water. I do not know what to do anymore. Does anyone have any ideas on how to manage toddler rage? sad

Apple crumble is looking nice

wendyhappysmile Mon 31-Aug-09 20:33:20

Poor Wolf I feel for you there. No advice though, sure you're doing well at managing it anyway! Just keep on doing the same thing, it will pass I'm sure. Useless advice!
Hi all
Nice lazy day here today for me, I've enjoyed listening to music, reading, vague interaction with dc rather than the usual intense interaction, and just being me for once!
see you tomorrow

SimplyIsATalentedBuzzard Mon 31-Aug-09 20:37:24

Hello to all. Thanks for the thread go.

Sorry Wolfcub I can't remember much about my two being toddlers. 1. It was too long ago (12 years or so) and 2. I was probably too sleep deprived still to remember much more than my own name! Have you read the "Toddler Taming" book by Christopher Green? I hope your arm isn't hurting you now. Does your little boy show remorse after he has calmed down?

Okay. I need to iron some clothes for work tomorrow or I'll be in a heck of a rush come tomorrow morning. Catch up with you all soon!

Jas Mon 31-Aug-09 23:19:02

Sorry, but lol @ paper machetegrin

Wolf - I was you not to long ago......it will pass. DS is 3.6 now and even does what I ask him to sometimes!
Do you have a SAFE/CHILDPROOF RoOM YOU CAN PUT HIM IN RATHER THAN TRY TO HOLD HIM?(sorry for caps) Leaving ds was the only thing that helped in similar circs.

leothelioness Tue 01-Sep-09 07:03:14

oh wolf I really feel for you my ds2 was a biter and still will occasioally its like he feels small and frusterated so he bites.

Anyway I think a child proof place is ideal (if a possibility so he has time to calm down without hurting you. I know this sounds wierd but ask him to punch a soft toy/pillow qhen he is angry or a big crayon with paper and ask him to draw how he feels (sorry I may not work but I have been reading a book lately and it does sometimes work if I catch it soon enough with my 2 (depends on the scale of the melt down.

TeaMonster Tue 01-Sep-09 07:27:07

pssssst

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now