Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Porcelain floor tiles

(3 Posts)
KAEKAE Sun 30-Aug-09 18:13:21

I am thinking about getting white porcelain floor tiles in my kitchen, bit worried about them being hard to keep clean and durability - I have a two year old and a baby on the way! So.... anyone have experience of porcelain tiles? Would you recommend them? TIA!

nbee84 Sun 30-Aug-09 19:01:34

I have creamy beige porcelain floor tiles. They are a dream to keep clean and they look great. I left a bin bag on the floor and beetroot juice leaked through overnight. It cleaned straight off - I was so relieved. However, I had followed lots of advice on types of tiles and sealing them properly.

You need to visit this site. I cannot recommend it highly enough. The advice they give is spot on.

Tinkjon Mon 31-Aug-09 08:57:09

I have porcelain tiles but they're gllazed so we didn't need to seal them. They're no different to ceramic tiles in ease of cleaning - although I would DEFINITELY recommend getting the grout sealed if you're having light-coloured grout. My tiles look beautiful but the matching limestone grout has gone horrible.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now