Talk

Advanced search

So, how AM I supposed to wash a swimsuit?

(8 Posts)
TheProfiteroleThief Fri 28-Aug-09 11:42:36

Have just returned a faulty (IMO) swimsuit to M&S and been told off in no uncertain terms for washing it incorrectly.

I would say that as I have been washing assorted swimwear for the last 20 years or so, I was doing OK, but apparantly not!

So, is there a magical forumula, approved product?

Note, I have cunningly not said how I do it, so I won't be embarassed if I have been getting it wrong for years!

paisleyleaf Fri 28-Aug-09 11:48:40

? I've never worried too much about the washing, as I've assumed that any chlorine/salt etc is going to be harsher than my non bio or soapnuts.
My costume gets a rinse in the shower after a swim in a pool, or not if at the beach, then bunged in the machine with the towel and a load of other stuff.

Has yours come apart then? Or faded?

TheProfiteroleThief Fri 28-Aug-09 11:49:30

Faded and shrunk a bit!

I think M&S are getting a bit stroppy tbh - and reducing quality to offer cheapo products

IdrisTheDragon Fri 28-Aug-09 11:51:38

I either rinse them or if I have been slattern like and forgotten to get them out of swimming bag will wash them. I am sure this fades and wears them out(only DD and mine - DS's are fine) but I get cheap ones and DD keeps growing anyway.

gingerbunny Fri 28-Aug-09 12:00:59

you shouldn't wash swim wear you should just soak it/rinse it in clean water after swimming and leave it to dry out of direct sun light.
at least those were the instructions on my new swim suit!!

Surfermum Fri 28-Aug-09 12:03:54

I just rinse in the shower and every now and then wash in a bowl with some hand wash.

GrimmaTheNome Fri 28-Aug-09 12:04:09

Obviously, you should have dry cleaned it grin

I do mine on normal 30 degree synthetics cycle, seems OK but I don't expect them to last forever. I suspect the chlorine buggers them faster than the machine so I'd rather get them thoroughly washed.

clayre Fri 28-Aug-09 12:05:44

i just pu tthem in the washing machine on a normal wash, never had any problems

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now