Talk

Advanced search

So can I put my small paddling pool in the washing machine then...?

(9 Posts)
bumbling Fri 28-Aug-09 09:33:05

On a cold wash maybe? It's only a cheap inflatable one from tesco. Seems a terrible waste to chuck it because It's dirty, but can't really face scrubbing it for hours ...

nickschick Fri 28-Aug-09 09:38:13

Fill it with water and some biological powder slosh it around and leave to soak- should clean easily.

bumbling Fri 28-Aug-09 10:12:07

You wouldn't risk it then, even on a cold wash? It's just the thought that if I fill it with water again, it'll never be emptied again ... oht the life of a lazy mum!

fatjac Fri 28-Aug-09 10:54:06

Actually I think that is a really good idea and would definately risk it.

bumbling Fri 28-Aug-09 11:10:22

ok one vote for, starting to feel better and braver! I've searched and found a post from someone who washes ball pit balls, and loads of people wash and put toys etc in dishwasher and/or washing machine...

So Fatjac - Do you think I ought to put it inside a duvet cover or something similar.

MrsBadger Fri 28-Aug-09 11:11:35

yes

but close valves carefully first - you don't want to get water in the air chambers

bumbling Fri 28-Aug-09 11:16:30

Ah. Very good point.

paisleyleaf Fri 28-Aug-09 11:50:18

Good thinking. I'd never thought to do that, and I wash a waterproof mattress cover in the machine with no problem.....can't be too different.

fatjac Fri 28-Aug-09 12:12:15

I wouldn't bother putting it inside a duvet but if you put an old towel in at the same time it will rub against the pool and help to get it clean.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now