Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Help! Where can I buy buttons?

(8 Posts)
cardy Wed 26-Aug-09 21:52:21

I have no idea where to buy buttons. All I need are three small buttons to replace some that have fallen of dd's dress, it can't be that difficult but I just don't know where to go (would have previously gone to Woolworths). I live in a big city so most high street shops are accessible.

FluffySaysTheDailyMailsShite Wed 26-Aug-09 21:54:01

Off your local market, there's always a haberdashery stall that sell's ribbon/zips/thread/buttons etc. John Lewis sell them aswell or look for a haberdashery shop, they normally have sewing machines in the window.

cardy Wed 26-Aug-09 21:58:40

I need to get them tomorrow (go on holiday on Sat) and there isn't a local market. I thought of haberdashery but have no idea where there is one...sewing isn't my forte smile. I could try John Lewis - a bit of a long journey for 3 buttons.

Bring back Woolworths....that's what I say

HeadFairy Wed 26-Aug-09 22:01:24

Oh I agree re Woolies... our local Allders used to have a haberdashery dept but that went bust as well... I always hoarde buttons that come with clothes because they're so damned hard to find.

Combine the trip to John Lewis with a pre holiday shopping splurge!

FluffySaysTheDailyMailsShite Wed 26-Aug-09 22:02:26

Have you tried Wilkinsons??

There's normally spares on the inside of the dress or attached to it when you buy them.

senua Wed 26-Aug-09 22:05:24

Look in a charity shop. They often have a very cheap rail for stuff they can't shift. Ignore the fact that they are hideous fabrics / colours / styles and just concentrate on the buttons.
Some of the 'smaller' charity shops have even done this for you and sell cards of rescued buttons.

cardy Wed 26-Aug-09 22:06:59

yes but the dress was from Primark - what else would I expect!! DD loves it and could do with taking it on holiday. I've been through my big tub of buttons and there aren't three the same. I'll see if there is a Wilkinsons locally.

FluffySaysTheDailyMailsShite Wed 26-Aug-09 22:09:59

Can't you cut similar buttons off something else, cut all the buttons off and sew the other ones on?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now