Talk

Advanced search

Save me from wipes and tell me your tips.....

(24 Posts)
LoveBeingAMummy Wed 26-Aug-09 11:26:57

So I have a small addiction to mumsnet wipes, flash wipes, dettol wipes, window wipes, dusting wipes, tolet wipes, you name it I have a wipe for it. I need to stop so what are your best tips and top cleaning methods for, wel, everything.

somewhathorrified Wed 26-Aug-09 12:11:14

a cloth and vinegar!

frakkinpannikinAGRIPPA Wed 26-Aug-09 12:17:24

Bicarbonate of soda (and old socks and vinegar)

shigella Wed 26-Aug-09 15:18:36

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

fruitstick Wed 26-Aug-09 15:21:46

I personally think wipes have their place. I have a flushable pack on top of my bathroom cabinet so I wipe round the sink etc without feeling like doing a full clean.

I also keep a pack of dettol wipes for wiping down the changing table (managed not to get them confused with the Johnsons ones so far grin).

Other than that I use Method lavender spray which is non-toxic and smells quite nice. I use it everywhere.

moaningminniewhingesagain Wed 26-Aug-09 17:37:57

I use Flash for most things. Flash spray with bleach for crusty nightmares on the cooker top.

Can of pledge for polishing/dusting annually

Flash used with one of those bathroom cleaning sponges thats a bit like a large pan scrub but less scratchy.

Jif cream for nasty brown gunk around the sink and tea stains in the sink/on worktops. Astonish soapy wood cleaner for the floor, also only used annually occasionally.

littleboyblue Wed 26-Aug-09 17:39:36

I only use wipes for my toilet. Everything else a cloth does the job and then goes straight in the wash. Microfibre cloths are great wet or dry.

AbricotsSecs Wed 26-Aug-09 20:24:12

Message withdrawn

TeaOneSugar Wed 26-Aug-09 20:44:07

Another vote for microfibre cloths.

Enjo cloths are excellent but very expensive, I only have some because I was invited to a Enjo party!

littleboyblue Wed 26-Aug-09 20:46:37

I got my micrfibre cloths in poundland.

Sidge Wed 26-Aug-09 20:48:27

I keep a packet of wipes in the downstairs loo which are handy for wiping around when one of the children/DH pees over the loo seat.

Otherwise I use cloths which I bung in the washer after using, and reuse them until they fall apart. I've also discovered Stardrops Cleaner and it's fantastic, works really well and can be used on just about anything.

TeaOneSugar Wed 26-Aug-09 20:49:55

Stardrops is excellent.

AbricotsSecs Wed 26-Aug-09 21:55:16

Message withdrawn

stleger Wed 26-Aug-09 22:06:03

Has anyone tried any other stardrops sprays and things? Stardrops has made my showerscreen almost shine!

Sidge Thu 27-Aug-09 10:33:49

stleger I have put diluted Stardrops into an empty spray bottle and it seems to do the job! Haven't seen any in spray bottles otherwise. I also put it in my Flash Powermop and it works well there too.

stleger Thu 27-Aug-09 11:00:06

I will check out my pound shop and see what the other products are. Does it go very foamy in a spray?

Sidge Thu 27-Aug-09 12:48:50

Not especially, but I only add a little bit and top it up with tepid water - I discovered if you added hot water it foamed fabulously and wouldn't squirt! grin

hanaflowerhatestheDM Thu 27-Aug-09 12:53:14

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

AbricotsSecs Thu 27-Aug-09 17:32:53

Message withdrawn

stleger Thu 27-Aug-09 21:51:02

I am in the pound shop tomorrow to get a plastic tablecloth -high glamour.

purplepeony Sat 29-Aug-09 21:23:00

All I use is

Domestos- loos and work tops ( diluted), sinks, washing up brushes & dishcloths ( soak)
Flash for floors
Spray bath cleaner- Mr Muscle- but washing up liquid is fine
Cif for some sinks.
Washing up liquid/Cif for cooker hob.

purplepeony Sat 29-Aug-09 21:24:00

Plain water and a wash leather then duster for windows.
Plain dry/dampdusters for dusting.

casbie Mon 31-Aug-09 23:58:54

Buy yourself 30 white flannels, use everywhere to clean everything (use washing-up ecover style) and just bung in the washing machine on 90-degree-kill-'em-dead.

Save yourself a whole bunch of money, to buy chocolate!

Fizzylemonade Tue 01-Sep-09 13:33:32

I use e cloths for windows, oven door (dh bought one with mirror style glass) hmm shower doors, mirrors.

microfibre cloths and just dishcloths for everything else, use with washing up liquid, ecover multi purpose for kitchen, diluted flash in spray bottle (because I like the smell) in bathrooms, and dettol for the floors.

Everything goes in the wash. Must check out stardrops. <Fizzy wanders off to Poundland>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now