Talk

Advanced search

Being nerdy and green - do you use an over bath airer?

(13 Posts)
TheProfiteroleThief Wed 26-Aug-09 10:23:37

I have a tumble drier but avoid using unless desperate. I say over bath airers in the old Argos catalogue (Book of Dreams) and wondered if it might be a good idea for the winter - I don't have lots of spare space, but no-one uses the bath during the day!

Are they a faff? Do things actually dry?

sausagesupper Wed 26-Aug-09 10:25:21

I got one, not the best thing in the world, falls over easily. Does dry stuff but we also have a pulley (drying rack on the ceiling with a rope to pull it up and down). This is fantastic, would def recommend, we have ours over the bath so out of the way.
HTH

Clayhead Wed 26-Aug-09 10:26:34

We have a drying rack on a pulley too - it's fab. Have never had a tumble drier though so can't compare.

nettie Wed 26-Aug-09 10:27:54

I have one of these, I find it very useful in a winter. I found things dried quicker when I had hot water tank in the bathroom, but since we've got a new boiler an only have a small raidiator in there its not as quick, usually takes a couple of days for things to dry and have to finish somethings off on radiator.

TheProfiteroleThief Wed 26-Aug-09 10:29:28

Not sure celings up to a drying rack grin

nettie Wed 26-Aug-09 10:29:54

Would love a drying rack pully thing (can't remember proper name for them) DH keeps talking about sorting one out for me but hasn't delivered yet.

sausagesupper Wed 26-Aug-09 10:36:56

Also, if you hang washing overnight, yuo can get away with a quick blasst in the drier to finish it off rather than hours in the drier.

littlerach Wed 26-Aug-09 10:47:13

we don't have a drier and if it is too we tot hang outside I hang it all on an airer in front of the french doors in dining room.

If I put washing on it in the evening, then it is often dry by the morning.

MrsBadger Wed 26-Aug-09 10:53:48

we have one in the (little-used) downstairs shower, it is great. Stuff does take a while to dry though, esp if you are used to instant tumbled goodness.

remeber to take it out of bathroom if it'll be steamy though else it all just gets damp again.

somewhathorrified Wed 26-Aug-09 11:10:51

I use clothes horses, I have a tumble dryer but am too tight to use it unless there's no choice! Things dry just fine, if it's things like bedding you need to remember to turn things over, or it becomes a race of them drying vs smelling mouldy/damp. Be aware things rarely dry overnight so you'll need to have somewhere to put them if you need to use the bath.

LovelyTinOfSpam Wed 26-Aug-09 11:28:08

I have always used an airer no probs.

In old flat it was in cupboard with the hot water tank.

In current house it's in DDs room.

I do run a dehumidifier with it when all the windows are shut as we have a bit of a condensation problem... But figure that uses less leccy than tumble drier!

IdrisTheDragon Wed 26-Aug-09 11:31:52

We have various airers. Things dry smile

LovelyTinOfSpam Wed 26-Aug-09 11:46:28

Oh I don't use mine in the bathroom as it is v cold in there in winter and so stuff just sits there getting smelly!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now