Talk

Advanced search

Wednesday Fly. Its raining (in my heart)

(24 Posts)
scattyspice Wed 26-Aug-09 08:14:22

Its not really - just outside smile.

scattyspice Wed 26-Aug-09 08:16:41

Back in a mo. DD says I have to SWITCH THAT COMPUTER OFF! blush.

Starbear Wed 26-Aug-09 08:23:09

Morning all Thanks Scatty for the thread. Didn't sleep well last night sad Just worried about work!
Going in earlier than I wanted to, so I can help a mate out and then 6.30pm meeting sadWell, this morning I have to get DS packed lunch. Figure out what I need to wear for the meeting (has to be packed as I need to wear a uniform for the morning)
already washed & dressed (sort of)
Breakfast and then drop Ds at Playball & get myself to work. Have a good day everyone even in the rain smile

scattyspice Wed 26-Aug-09 08:31:02

I've sneaked back on blush

Oh star I truely sympathise. I have had more agonies over work than almost anything else over the past few years. The working Mum guilt is bad enough without any more pressure from the job itself. I hope today goes well and you aren't completely wiped out by the time you get home.

mission

Today:
swimming
library
Asda (present for party)
home for lunch
shops (bread)
dentist

Better crack on.

Starbear Wed 26-Aug-09 08:33:26

Thank you Scatty just your kind words makes me feel better. smile

Jas Wed 26-Aug-09 08:34:15

Morning scatty and starsmile

I am going to be out all day...the dds have kids club while I shop, the we are going to a local park (in the rain).

I need to clean grout in the bathroom today...

scattyspice Wed 26-Aug-09 09:21:31

Hi jas Grout in bathroom (terrible job)!

TeaMonster Wed 26-Aug-09 09:47:45

Morning all

I am having a pants morning, both boys are fighting and it is raining cats and dogs.

I have asked mum to come over whilst I take DS1 swimming - she is not here yet and we need to leave in 15!!

I have

Fed
dressed
S&S bathrooms
Made beds
Folded some washing

To dos
Lunch
Dinner
Wtite and post card
ironing and put it away

Star I dont envy tou as a working mum, or any working mum. I think us mums should pull together rather than get judgey. Mostly we do the best we can in our curcumstances.

hmm fight again

TheProfiteroleThief Wed 26-Aug-09 10:04:20

Off to do muffin deliveries! Doing admin and holiday shopping today. It seems to take me days to pack, but I cant leave without the requisites for every emergency. We don't take loads of cltohes etc, but I insits on meds, spare keys, photocopes of docuemtns etc. Not sure if I am being a bit anal or sensible!

Am v impressed with your job Scatty - Physios do such a fab job!

What do you do Star?

leothelioness Wed 26-Aug-09 11:27:19

Star sorry you r having a crap time a work.

Today so far I have done

Unload dishwasher
load dishwasher
Fold and put away washed clothes
half of the ironing
lunch
made beds
load of washing
wiped down kitchen counters

to**do
Finish ironing
Sort out large chest of drawers full of assorted junk
Take out washing to dry
Dinner
Shower blush

I am actively using housework to procrastinate about a nasty assignment I should be doing but its impossible to concentrate when the kids are around

TeaMonster Wed 26-Aug-09 12:12:12

Mum turned up with seconds to spare

swimming was great

They are now being terrors whilst I do lun ch and mum attenps to fix the machine although she thinks I have bust it sad

BBL

scattyspice Wed 26-Aug-09 13:26:11

Hi again.

tea glad your mum showed up. Everyone (round here) seemed to be swimming too. Bets thing to do in the rain. What machine is your mum attempting to fix? (sounds like a bad idea hmm)

prof I am an excessive packer too! When do you go?
Thanks for being impressed at my job smile, its not actually that impressive though as I down shifted a bit after having DS and just do 4hrs/day on a stroke unit. Mostly I chat to elderly people, stretch their muscles, help them with some exercises and take them for walks (usually to the toilet lol). Its a nice job smile. All the aggro comes from the staff (who keep falling out) and the managers (who keep trying to make cuts angry). The patients are no trouble at all lol.

leo now anyone who can study while raising kids - that is impressive!

Today:
swimming done
library done
Asda (present for party)done
home for lunch Mcdonalds blush
shops (bread)
dentist

BBL

leothelioness Wed 26-Aug-09 13:53:55

Thanks scatty - I have a couple of years to go before I get my degree but I will get there eventually.
The logistics of fitting studies around dc's can be challenging but my lo will go to preschool from september so I should have a bit more time then.
Btw I am hoping to work in healthcare after my degree your job sounds great other than the staff/management.

Now I just need to sort out the drawers and figure out what to do for dinner.

grouchyoscar Wed 26-Aug-09 14:24:05

Hello ALL

Having some quiet time. I've

DONE

Up and take down laundry
Load WM and run
Make porridge and serve
Tidy away
Load DW and run
Empty TD and fold
Put away the dry washing
Make Ed's bed (golly it's tricky up there)
Wash me and Ed
Dress
Go down town to see DGM
Home, make lunch
Tidy away
Empty and reload wm and run
Bath for both

DGM called, she was going to the large Tesco in town so I suggested a meet up. It was lovely. It's been a difficult year for her and we haven't seen each other for ages. DGD is quite ill with C Diff and is in an isolation ward in respite care atm. I'm well pleased we managed to get together. Also got Ed a Pixar Car he didn't have so all is very well.

Star Wilko's IS the new Woolies but a lot better. I spent way too much there yesterday but all will be used. I think it's fab, you need something, it will be there and probably under £2.50

Better sort out the buses for swimming. Then it's a Big Tesco shop so TTFN

TeaMonster Wed 26-Aug-09 14:46:15

scatty Tis her old sewing machine and yeh she has managed - I used the wrong type of bobbin aparently, but then again it was one she gave me grin

Boys are being terrors, we are all getting stir crazy TBH and I am hoping they are both well enough to go out tomorrow and Friday, as I am so past refereeing. They can not even paint together angry

Still have all my list to do

TheProfiteroleThief Wed 26-Aug-09 14:52:16

I still think you're fab Scatty - your work means the difference between someone recovering enough to enjoy life and not, I'll bet - even living independantly.

Is it something you would recommend for a person retraining in their 40s - not from a science background? Or am I deluding myself? We have a good healthcare access course locally. It seems when you have dc, you automatically go work for the NHS grin

fairybubbles Wed 26-Aug-09 15:09:44

Hi all!

Not been on for a wk. Thats me just finished work for until next Tuesday. Came home to find the usual chaos. My mum looks after my son here at our house and she really is not a tidy person at all. It's a bit of a tricky situation, she looks after our son, doesnt take any cash, he is happy.

I just wish I could come home and find the house the way I leave it. I am so tired and I come home to play with lo, instead I have to clear up the mess first. Arggg! angry

Anyway, I'm off to get started.

scattyspice Wed 26-Aug-09 15:37:36

leo prof healthcare is very similar to parenting really. Mostly poorly people want abit of advice, encouragement and lots of TLC (apart from drugs and operations of course). I would reccommend physio to anyone (and Occupational Therapy which is very similar) not much science except biology (well anatomy mainly)and very suited to 'mature' students (sorry) as they have more common sense!. The only problem at the moment is that NHS making huge cuts in therapy, there are quite a few unemployed physiotherapists around. This might change though. Nursing is still a good option.

tea glad she fixed the sewing machine, what are you making? I am considering getting one (possibly).

fairy My friend has the same problem. I think we tidy up as we go more than we realise. Is the mess mainly toys (does she know where they go?) or washing up?

Back from dentist (got away with it again) and bought bread. Laundry next.

leothelioness Wed 26-Aug-09 16:06:09

thanks for the info scatty I am 2/3 of the way through a life sciences egree at the moment so hopefully it makes me employable in healthcare

galen Wed 26-Aug-09 17:30:59

evening all

Sorry for all those with grumpy DC
And big sympathies for those with work stress.

Been raining here all day too s nothing much exciting happening.
DC all grumpy - tiredness and post holiday blues I think -

I have mad an appointment for Sep to see our local Postgrad Dean about returning to work....very scarey! Had really planned on leaving it till DS2 was at school or at least preschool, but financial pressures are mounting....sigh
I'll see what they say. I only want to do part time - Personally I would like to do 3 days, but then there will be loads of childcare hassle and expense etc...so I may do 5 mornings instead, that way I can still collect kids from school, and probably drop them too, then I could swap DD4 nursery place to a morning, and just find CM for DS2, and to collect DD4 for n hour or so....
What sort of hours do you other working mums do? How do you juggle school etc....
I can feel all the stress of juggling work and family already - reminds why I gave up LOL
Still it may work out....we'll see.

Not much else achived today...more washing done.
Ordered a phone for DS1 for Sep

Oh and mercifully heating engineer has just been back with new part for boiler and it is now fixed...yay! water heating , then I'm having a loooong hot shower, before some scrubbing of seriously grimy children LOL

Oh and prof I sent you out a DLP guide map and some info today - should have it for tomorrow. Hope it helps.

right off to see if water is hot yet LOL grin

Wolfcub Wed 26-Aug-09 20:05:14

just a quick pop in to say hello. We have been to durham and back today to put our passport applications in. MEt up with dp's step-dad for lunch.

just reading up on money saving stuff, watching economy gastronomy and thinking about the meal plan for the next few weeks

hospital for me in the morning for abdo-scan and then to the solicitors in the afternoon and hairdresser in the evening - this holiday has been more jobs than hols so far. Must do somethng nice on Friday

Starbear Wed 26-Aug-09 21:42:29

Galen &fairybubbles I work three days a week, 9 hour days it can be longer at very short notice. Ds is starting school this September. Mum will collect him the 3 afternoons I work. My mum is a Star but she still annoys me. The list is too long to repeat here! smile
TM Yep totally agree Mums working in the home or outside the home should not judge other peoples life choices. I love the mix of friends I have working/non working mums, childless, single etc... As I write I want to be all principled and say people shouldn't judge other peoples life choices if they don't harm anyone else but I fall into the trap of rash comments all the time blush
Today not as bad at work.
Leo I would like to start studying when ds starts school but I've got to sort out if I have dyslexia first. sad

leothelioness Thu 27-Aug-09 06:44:28

Good luck with any further studies you take on starbear

I managed to get everything done on my do do list yesterday except the sorting out of the drawers which is started but only just.

Sagacious Thu 27-Aug-09 08:02:54

thursday

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now