Talk

Advanced search

New Fly baby

(6 Posts)
TeaOneSugar Tue 25-Aug-09 16:35:42

Hi,

Does anyone have any tips for a new fly baby who works outside the home?

I've started properly at the weekend with the hope of reinstating (SP?) a routine (I'm sure I had one once - pre dd), and generally getting the house in better order.

I've started a morning and evening routine, and I did the "Weekly Home Blessing" yesterday, I struggled not to get side tracked but I managed to finish it.

I'm supposed to be in the master bedroom zone this week, and I've done some decluttering and cleaning in there, but I've now switched to the pantry today - do you think it's OK to tackle my worst trouble spots first and then to move into the zones programme - as a fully grown adult I know this is OK - but it's so specific on the website and the book I feel I need permission to stray.blush

Any advise would be appreciated, I'm really pleased with the results so far.

TeaOneSugar Tue 25-Aug-09 18:43:34

Anyone?

Starbear Tue 25-Aug-09 20:46:11

Tea I couldn't follow the routine as I work three days a week outside the home. I don't think she wrote it for working mums just for people to get out of bad habits. The rules I try and stick to.
go on the fly thread and post my list of things to do on my days off. Always make the bed it makes me feel better. Clean one cupboard, so it might turn out to be one cupboard every month. Which stops that whole room upside down feeling. I have to design out untidiness. So I try to have a place for everything and everything it's place. Don't ever turn down help from anyone. Once help is given keep very quite about how it's done, try not to criticise otherwise it won't be offered again. This is the sad bit, I have a list of must do jobs and take a day off approx once a month to do 3 or 4 that day. Give things away to friends, family and charity shops. If you haven't got time to clean you don't have time to e-bay stuff or do boot sales. So think of it as doing your bit.
Did I say get help I'll say it again. Hope it helps. Others might give you better tips

TeaOneSugar Wed 26-Aug-09 20:41:37

I'm actually finding I can manage the morning routine before work and the before bedtime routine in the evenings and I'm doing some zone cleaning each day at the moment, I'm not sure how long I can keep it up but I suppose the results are motivating in themselves. I'm trying to get dd and dh into the habit of picking up after themselves, it's proving easier with dd.

I know what you mean about a place for everything, I think that's why we end up with little piles of stuff - that's my big challenge really.

I do pay for some ironing, which is a big help.

I'll have a look on the fly thread.

Thanks

Starbear Wed 26-Aug-09 21:44:39

It seems that your better than me. So my only tip now is to enjoy your lovely house and chill.

TeaOneSugar Wed 26-Aug-09 22:07:59

I think we'll reserve judgement on that, I'm in the mood at the moment, it might wear off when dd goes back to school and it all gets a bit more hectic. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now