Talk

Advanced search

really really dull question but where do you keep your washing basket?

(21 Posts)
southeastastra Sat 22-Aug-09 13:19:30

mine is in the bedroom but it's not very nice i have no other space for it though!

any ingenious suggestions?

Meglet Sat 22-Aug-09 13:23:38

I got rid of my washing basket and use a couple of the big blue Ikea bags instead. I fold them up and store them on top of the washing machine, under the work surface.

MoreCrackThanHarlem Sat 22-Aug-09 13:35:42

Utility room, but before we had one I had a basket in the bathroom for adult clothes, and one in dd's bedroom for hers.
Liking the ikea bags idea though.

NumptyMum Sat 22-Aug-09 13:40:30

We do same as Meglet (Ikea bags stored beneath kitchen cabinets), though for dirty washing have one of the Ikea washing baskets - it's underneath our clothes hangers.

oxocube Sat 22-Aug-09 13:43:22

bathroom, under the sink. Washing machine and drier in a cupboard off the landing about 5 paces away so is easiest solution!

bronze Sat 22-Aug-09 13:44:51

DO you mean as in dirty laundry if so landing and utility do you mean for stuff to iron/put etc if so then I use those folding stacking crates and keep them in th utility room. I then just use one for each person to put their own stuff away.

purepurple Sat 22-Aug-09 13:44:53

dirty clothes go in the basket in the bathroom
for taking the washing out of the machine I use a foldup recycling bag that slides under the worktop on top of the washer
for clean clothes waiting to be ironed, I use a wicker basket that fits under the ironong board, which is permanantly up in the kitchen

southeastastra Sat 22-Aug-09 14:38:38

i didn't think to hang a bag somewhere, that may work grin thanks all

MaybeAfterBreakfast Sun 23-Aug-09 20:55:14

Empty ones, in theory, in the utility room, but I can never be bothered to do so (and the surfaces there are too full of clutter blush).

In practice they live in the dcs' bathroom (close to airing cupboard).

Laundry baskets of dirty washing in our bathroom and in the dcs' bedroom.

Northerngirldownsouth Sun 23-Aug-09 20:58:24

Ours live in our bedroom, we have separate whites and colours baskets which has (sadly) changed my life!

Then I put clean washing in one of those big plastic tub things (often used for storing toys).

wheresmypaddle Wed 26-Aug-09 14:56:19

Rather short on space here too- I bought a large tall barabantia (sp??!!)type metal bin and keep it in the kitchen with dirty washing in- makes sense for me because washing machine is in the kitchen. Doesn't look out of place as looks like a kitchen bin.

Word of warning though- one very helpful friend thought it was our dustbin and emptied our leftover food into it!!

djon77 Thu 27-Aug-09 21:14:25

I think you should keep under the bed dude!
cheers!
7interiordesign

whomovedmychocolate Thu 27-Aug-09 21:17:40

We have a built in cabinet in the downstairs bathroom with a washing basket in it, then a second one at the top of the stairs. In the laundry room we have three baskets (whites, coloured and handwash/repair)

Come to think of it, we're basket nazis! blush

feedthegoat Thu 27-Aug-09 21:26:06

Dirty washing is in a basket on the landing.

Cleaning washing seems to be currently breeding to mountainous proportions in the spare room just in big heap blush.

In laws have taken ds to seaside today until monday so the mountain is top of my list to be cleared this weekend! Well after a good night out with my best friend obviously grin.

whomovedmychocolate Thu 27-Aug-09 21:40:48

There is no 'clean clothes' pile or basket in our house because our urchins are so filthy everything gets little paw marks on it. hmm

AbricotsSecs Thu 27-Aug-09 23:09:10

Message withdrawn

bellavita Thu 27-Aug-09 23:12:24

Utility room.

twopeople Sun 30-Aug-09 15:51:34

Message withdrawn

SparkyToo Sun 30-Aug-09 16:44:18

I keep the basket full of clean clothes ready for ironing in a cupboard in the boys bedroom and have a laundry bin in our bedroom.

SlartyBartFast Sun 30-Aug-09 16:46:36

hall, outside our bedroom, used to be in room but did not like the overflow.
dc's used to have a big bag for their dirty washign, but i kept forgetting to empty it blush - and it wasnt veyr pleasant reachign in to get stuff.

positiveattitudeonly Sun 30-Aug-09 16:57:14

We use two black dustbins like most people use outside for their binbags. They are both on the landing. Not exactly lovely to look at!! hmmIn theory one for whites and one for colours, but teenage kids don't seem to be able to handle this concept, so both are just filled to the max with whatever. We do have 5 DCs so that's my excuse!
You are all making me feel so much better about mount everest of clean clothes that used to be speading over our floor, but I have been obsessively sorting/folding and puting away as it is done for the past 5 weeks, and it feels good <<smug grin>>

Also use a steel dustbin for our kitchen bin as I was fed up of the smaller ones being filled within 5 minutes of emptying and having tied up bags of rubbish around it. It works a treat!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now