Talk

Advanced search

What to do when your baby is sick on everything???

(9 Posts)
YummyorSlummy Fri 21-Aug-09 13:45:02

My 8 month ds is constantly sick (no idea why, asked various hv but they always fob me off- anyway thats a different topic!) on everything! Clothes,carpet,buggy.playnest,playpen mat, rugs, toys and things are really starting to stink- especially stuff that can't go in the machine! Any advice plz?

MrsBadger Fri 21-Aug-09 13:50:03

stop using stuff that can;t go in the machine

wash rugs and mats at 30 even if they say not washable (though be aware squeakers etc may not sound the same again)
dishwash plastic toys
wash all soft toys in pillowcases at 30 and hang by ears to dry
remove cover from playnest and treat as rugs
line buggy and carseat with old towels (cut slits for harness)

for carpets, carseats etc you need this - not cheap but works

and put down washable mats / rugs / towels where he spends most of his time

YummyorSlummy Fri 21-Aug-09 14:07:02

Thanks good advice! Hopefully he'll stop being so sicky soon so that I can regain my sanity!

dreamteamgirl Sat 22-Aug-09 01:15:25

My DS was sick every day, 3 or 4 times a day till he was 1. It was hell. He had bad reflux and asthma- have you had him checked for these?

Anyway, yes get rid of/ put away non washable stuff, and get a good washing machine ...

He got loads better at 1 year old when he learnt to walk properly, and was only puking 2-3 times a week by 18 motnhs

YummyorSlummy Sat 22-Aug-09 01:56:05

I asked my hv about reflux but apparently he would be ill and refuse his feeds etc so god knows! I think might get him checked with gp 2 be on safe side. Good job he doesnt have overly expensive clothes!

AbricotsSecs Sat 22-Aug-09 02:04:05

Message withdrawn

AbricotsSecs Sat 22-Aug-09 02:06:06

Message withdrawn

YummyorSlummy Sat 22-Aug-09 13:28:38

Thanks Hoochie I think I'll try the doctor first and see about getting a trial formula and if he seems unkeen might experiment myself with taking out dairy 4 a couple days! Wud feel awful if it is that and its gone all this time unnoticed!

Fizzylemonade Sat 22-Aug-09 13:58:26

I have been here too, both ds1 and ds2 had reflux and no they don't necessarily refuse food and are not ill all the time.

I agree that lots of HVs know bugger all, see your GP, we did and were then referred to a paediatrician who was amazing.

Same advice as the lovely MrsBadger, I even bought a bissell carpet cleaner and when we replaced our worn out sofas we got leather ones just for the wipe cleanability grin

Ds2 is now 3 yrs old and still refluxes, his bed is propped up on special blocks sad

Hoping he will grow out of it, Ds1 did when he was about 1.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now