Talk

Advanced search

How to get it all done

(3 Posts)
fruitstick Thu 20-Aug-09 16:42:02

I know this thread has probably been done to death but how on earth do you manage to get your housework done.

In principle, I know what to do but how do you manage to find the time to do it? I have 2 DS, 3.4 and 6 months. I know things are compounded now as it's school holidays but I seem to spend my entire life trying to do housework and entertain DSs and seem to fail at both!

My questions
- do I just have to suck it up and clean in the evenings after they've gone to bed?
- do you have a strict routine to keep your house in order that the children understand?
- how do you keep them entertained without resorting to Peppa pig?

I've tried getting DS involved (pledge = monster repellent etc) but he normally just creates more work.

I'm trying to get him to put his own plates in the dishwasher but that's about it!

Help, I would really like to spend quality time with both my children in a clean and tidy house!

notnowbernard Thu 20-Aug-09 16:50:25

I do a room a day

Laundry as it happens

Iron once a week

Kitchen is obviously a daily occurence (yawn)

But I will only Properly do 1 room per day. Once dd2 starts nursery in Sept I intend to blitz the house once a week so I can step off the housework treadmill...

Squidmission Thu 20-Aug-09 17:51:32

Here's what I do;

Do 1 laundry load every morning and put clothes away
Clean toilet and sink every morning and make beds
Clean and cook when ds2 is having a nap (get ds1 to do something like colouring, or cutting up a magazine while you pop in from time to time and exclaim how brilliant he is)
Clean and tidy living room and kitchen every night.

Anything else is a bonus grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now