Talk

Advanced search

renting a washing machine advice please....

(11 Posts)
mustsleep Wed 19-Aug-09 10:50:16

My washer has completely died and there is no way we can afford a new one

Does anyone know how much they cost to rent, or can anyone reccomend somewhere to rent oe from?

Thanks grin

secretgardin Wed 19-Aug-09 23:54:35

renting can work out quite expensive. try your local friday ad or even freecycle if you are not put off by second hand machines

mustsleep Thu 20-Aug-09 07:55:26

thanks have requested to join freecycle just waiting now grin

4andnotout Thu 20-Aug-09 08:05:38

I rent mine, it costs £10 a month i think, but i have a coin box fitted to my tv which we put £ coins in which more than covers the rental every other month, and we usually get around £80 back so it's a bit like savings.

However i'm running on now blush

mustsleep Thu 20-Aug-09 08:19:57

what are they like if it needs repairing or you want to upgrade?

4andnotout Thu 20-Aug-09 08:24:14

I rent mine from Hughes and i literally ring them and they try to get someone out that day, next day at the latest, my last one broke down so i had a brand new shiney one delivered within a couple of days. If you rent a reconditioned model it works out a bit cheaper but i have gone for a new one this time as all my washing machines seem to die after 2 years (even ones i have bought) I think it's because i do at least 3 loads a day every day hmm

mustsleep Thu 20-Aug-09 08:28:06

lol we are a bit like we've gone through three in the last 6 years grin

do hughes have a website at all? smile

4andnotout Thu 20-Aug-09 08:29:57

Here not sure if they are only east anglia or if they are national now

lepirate Thu 20-Aug-09 08:40:56

so in reality I would be better off renting a washing machine!!!

I pay £8 a month cover for mine, gets fixed if need be. Yet it's 7 yrs old.

So I could sell it for say £40, and rent for about the same money.

4andnotout Thu 20-Aug-09 09:00:47

Hughes washing machine rentals start from £4.50 a month which i think is cheap considering you never have to worry about it breaking down etc, and no i don't work for them but i have rented from them for 6 years with no problems

mustsleep Thu 20-Aug-09 10:33:51

thanks if mine can't be fixed I'm definaely going to do this rather than buy another smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now