Talk

Advanced search

What to do? - slow cooker has cracked laminate worktop

(3 Posts)
Montifer Tue 18-Aug-09 22:46:15

Probably should be a WWYD -

My beloved slow cooker appears to have cracked our laminate worktop angry
It was on low for approx. 6 hours cooking up some stock and this evening I noticed a crack in the worktop the length of the SC, exactly where it had been standing.

I have checked the (pretty basic) manual which came with it, it's a budget Tesco model, and it doesn't specify a particular type of surface to put it on.
It has feet which allow a centimetre or so gap below it, presumably for circulation of air.

DP is pretty furious as he fitted the kitchen himself and the worktop was an absolute nightmare to cut and fit into place.

Personally, I'm more relieved that it didn't cause a fire, must have got pretty hot to crack the laminate.
DP wants to complain to Tesco and claim for the cost of replacing the worktop.

Does anyone know of SC causing this problem? Do you reckon we've got a faulty model? There's no sign of damage to the actual SC.
I'm too scared to use it now for fear of burning the house down, very annoying as I love cooking in it and have posted on here before reassuring people about their supposed safety and electrical economy.
How would you recommend we approach Tesco?

LoveBeingAMummy Wed 19-Aug-09 08:31:22

Maybe try posting in legal?

Montifer Wed 19-Aug-09 09:21:51

Good idea, thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now