Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

My neighbour reckons I've given him fleas!

(5 Posts)
PuppyMonkey Tue 18-Aug-09 15:50:23

Well, not me, you understand. But my cat. grin

My v. sweet neighbour came round all sheepishly last night and showed me several flea bites up his leg, and he thinks it's our cat that may be the culprit. His wife has got bites too. The cat "rubbed up against him" last week. Just the once. Lol.

Now our cat has suffered from fleas in the past, I admit, but we do treat him now. And neither me nor DP nor Dcs have got any bites. Plus can you really get it from one instance of a cat rubbing up against your leg? He doesn't go in their house at all and they hardly ever see him.

It was all v good natured this conversation and I let him borrow our flea spray thing that you spray in your house to get rid of the boggers. But I do feel a bit... harrumphy... on behalf of my innocent cat. What do you reckon?

Tortington Tue 18-Aug-09 15:51:42

not impossible but unlikely he couldhave got them froma nywhwer

louii Tue 18-Aug-09 15:53:05

Everyone i know is covered in bites at the minute, like itchy spots, most likely its midge bites or similar.

PuppyMonkey Tue 18-Aug-09 15:55:30

Thanks. I'm thinking of getting a poster done saying: "Smudge is Innocent." grin

Fraochsmum Tue 18-Aug-09 16:08:15

They could have got them from your cat having rubbed against them once, but is rather doubtful if neither of you have had any bites.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now