Talk

Advanced search

Ruby Tuesday Fly

(17 Posts)
TeaMonster Tue 18-Aug-09 09:57:04

Morning all

I had a really pants night sleep, vomitting, so not really with it.

mission

I have just spoke tot he lovley Groucy and am really excited about meeting her on Thursday grin

So dones

All fed inc cat
DW emptied
I am dressed
mails checked

To Do's

Mission
Ironing
Washing
15 mins in boys room
Get boys dresseed
whats for lunch
Whats for dinner
Labels for uniform
Ring insurance people regarding car
collect mum from hospital
DS2 to MIL's
DS1 swimming lesson
Collect DS2 from MIL's

littleboyblue Tue 18-Aug-09 10:04:55

Morning TM Not much a-happening here. Done all my morning bits. Just waiting for ds2 to wake from his nap so we can go to Tesco, then it's lunch, then off to park.
I do need to go to the chemist today too and plan this weeks dinners, but that's it, nice easy day today.
Oh and some zone detail.

EHM Tue 18-Aug-09 11:31:11

MOrning ALL

Been to park with Ellie's little friend from Preschool at 930. Then just been to see another rental property-it was smelly, untidy, cluttered. bathroom wasn't very clean. Garden wasn't maintained. the landlord is living there at momentshock

Tea sorry to read about the car & that you have been unwell. Hope your Mum is ok?
scattyglad PIL trip went ok.
LBL have good day.

phone ringing will be back

TeaMonster Tue 18-Aug-09 15:24:45

Afternoon all

EHM Hope you find a house soon. Mum had to have a full body scan - she is really suffering ATM.

LBB Hope you are getting on OK too

We have been to Tescos
Mission - Done
Ironing
Washing - Done
15 mins in boys room - Done
Get boys dresseed - Done
whats for lunch - Done
Whats for dinner - Mince in Slow cooker, pciked runner beans from garden
Labels for uniform
Ring insurance people regarding car
collect mum from hospital - done
DS2 to MIL's
DS1 swimming lesson
Collect DS2 from MIL's

Swimming lessons next, we have made outdoor chalk and been playdoughing too. Oh and funky lunch, but will post about it on the blog later

scattyspice Tue 18-Aug-09 16:38:13

Hi.

tea sorry you're not well.
LBB An easy day sounds like a good idea.
EHM Hope something better turns up soon.

I am having a difficult day. I am due to drive to Dads on Thurs with dc (not dh). It is a 5 hr drive on a good day, we are returning on Sun. My step mum is terminally ill (though doing ok at present) so they couldn't come to us. Unfortunately DD has been up half the night and seems to be brewing something and i have a sore throat and headache (may be a cold coming or just lack of sleep). I have also been fretting badly over the drive (everytime i make a long journey on my own with dc I think 'never again' as it is so difficult)sad. I have also been fretting over staying at Dads as he likes to see the kids but is very intolerent to noise, mess, TV, bad behaviour, fussy eating and prefers to watch them play rather than actually play with them himself. Step mum is not well so tolerance is likely to be even less.
Anyway the upshot is that I have just phoned to say we can't come as we are not well. He seemed dissappointed but concerned that we shouldn't visit if infectious (for step mums sake). I now feel that I have badly let him down due to my anxiety and if I was a good daughter I should have just got on with it and gone. sad.
I am in a no win situation sad.

littleboyblue Tue 18-Aug-09 17:51:27

scatty I think you probably did the most sensible thing. If your dd is getting a bit poorly, it's not worth risking infecting your dad's dw.
You haven't let him down and I'm sure he doesn't think that. You would be there if and when he truely needs you, but there isn't anything you can do atm to help them, and as you say tolerance levels will be lower than usual for all of you. You can always change your mind and drive up there if and when you feel better about the journey.

EHM Tue 18-Aug-09 17:52:37

scatty I can totally sympathise regards long car journeys. I think in respect of you feeling under the weather, along with dc you made the right decision. You would never forgive yourself if you where all really poorly when then & inturn Step Mum being very poorly. Don't be too hard on yourself.
Tea hope scan results for mum are ok.

We've both had out hair done-i've looked for some clothes for holiday & can only find summer clothes not in my size are tatt. or choice of autumn clothes. arrrrrrrgh!

EHM Tue 18-Aug-09 17:53:00

X post LBL

TheProfiteroleThief Tue 18-Aug-09 18:17:40

Hi all

Hope your mums scans are reassuring Monster.

Been out today and was asked in the park if I was with Netmums! I must look like an online junkieshock.

having been swapping dc all day with the neighbours! Great fun. Am pootling but with plans to do serious admin tomorrow. I have plans to do some building work at our rented property which shoudl make it nicer for tenants. Am hoping that if I do walls and ceiling and lighting, they will replace flooring. Do you think that soudns reasonable?

So hard to tell.

Anyhoo
bbl

TheProfiteroleThief Tue 18-Aug-09 18:18:04

Scatty have you done the smartie trick for car journeys?

TeaMonster Tue 18-Aug-09 19:55:41

Evening all

I have a reall nasty headache, but one thing - the boys are in bed asleep - yippee

Floor is mopped
Dinner is eaten
DW is on
Boys clothes are out for tomorrow
Swimming bag is packed

I didnt get the ironing or the insurance sorted, but there is always tomorrow

Scatty I think you made the right call, there is always another time

Prof Spill on the smarties and also you never did tell the PTA think that made millions grin

I am so tired I have forgotten the rest - nevermind

Later ladies

TheProfiteroleThief Tue 18-Aug-09 20:03:03

Each dc has a tube of smarties with their name on it.

Every time you have to tell them off in car, you throw a smartie out of window, at end of journey they get what is left (old MN trick).

Guarantees good behaviour from my lot.

The pta big bucks idea was when I was given 300 pairs of antlers left over from Tweenie stage show. Each child paid for reindeer face paint and was pure profit.

Have had nowt to match it since

TeaMonster Tue 18-Aug-09 20:05:41

Oh and the boys have been mostly eating these

Wolfcub Tue 18-Aug-09 21:27:22

just popping in to say a quick hulllloooo ladies

BananaPudding Tue 18-Aug-09 23:26:55

I do something similar for car trips; I get a roll of coins (quarters in my case) from the bank and write dd's name on it. I set boundaries for which behaviors/statements are off-limits for the car ride. If she crosses the boundary, I warn once. After that, a quarter comes out of her roll and goes in my pocket. I did this when we moved from Seattle to Austin tx and drove 2,300 miles. Since it was such a looooong drive I brought two rolls of quarters ($20). She did so well she ended the trip with $19.50 and we had a great time on the drive

On a Fly note, I took my first babystep and shined my sink today after work . I also took a lot of rubbish out.

BananaPudding Tue 18-Aug-09 23:26:56

I do something similar for car trips; I get a roll of coins (quarters in my case) from the bank and write dd's name on it. I set boundaries for which behaviors/statements are off-limits for the car ride. If she crosses the boundary, I warn once. After that, a quarter comes out of her roll and goes in my pocket. I did this when we moved from Seattle to Austin tx and drove 2,300 miles. Since it was such a looooong drive I brought two rolls of quarters ($20). She did so well she ended the trip with $19.50 and we had a great time on the drive

On a Fly note, I took my first babystep and shined my sink today after work . I also took a lot of rubbish out.

dylsmum1998 Wed 19-Aug-09 07:25:02

this way for wednesday

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now