Talk

Advanced search

fresh smelling house for coming home from hols?

(3 Posts)
holdingittogether Mon 17-Aug-09 14:05:20

Off on hols for 2 weeks next monday and one of the things that makes coming home doubly worse is that the house always seems to smell when we get back. I hope I am not the only one who finds this. I guess it is just stale after being shut up for 2 weeks. Obviously can't leave windows open and going to give house a good clean and make sure bins are empty etc before we go. Any tips to make it smell nice when we get back??
Don't normally use air fresheners because dh hates the smell of them so don't know much about them. Would it be dangerous to leave a couple of plug in air fresheners on while we are away? Or can't you get battery ones? Any tips?

Iklboo Mon 17-Aug-09 14:11:48

You should be OK to leave plug in ones in - but you could plug them into a timer switch and set it only to come on the day you're coming home

moshie Mon 17-Aug-09 18:07:17

I'd just use a solid air freshener in a couple of rooms, they're not overpowering like a spray or plug in. Or a scented candle - not lit obviously.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now