Talk

Advanced search

What's FLY ing ladies'?

(5 Posts)
pinkthechaffinch Mon 17-Aug-09 13:04:46

Hi
sorry I'm a bit new to all this,I bet this has been asked before, but what is it?

Can I be one?

TheProfiteroleThief Mon 17-Aug-09 13:40:23

Yes!

Come and tell us about yourself - managing your life basically, plus your home. We are all lovely and cosy. Join the cult, go on, you know you want to

pinkthechaffinch Mon 17-Aug-09 15:13:52

well I've recently moved to a much larger house than my old flat and it was lovely when we first moved . Now it looks like a pigsty.

I'm looking for ways to improve my housekeeping without spending too much time on it. At the moment it just feels like one neverending chore, and it's going to get even worse next month when I return to work.

What does FLY stand for?

TheProfiteroleThief Mon 17-Aug-09 19:07:51

Ew, well iirc it stands for finally loving yourself, as in self-esteem rather than wankery grin]

I use it to organise myself and take responsibility for how I want my life to be.

It has taught me some useful organisational skills, but I tend to avoid the more religious aspects.

littleboyblue Mon 17-Aug-09 19:22:53

Hello.
I've been FLYing for a couple of months, and it is great. I am quite obsessive so really got into it, but it has taught me many organisation skills, a bit of time management, and has got me to actually think about what jobs I want done.
It has also made me take a whole new attitude towards housework and I actually enjoy it now.

On average, I spend half an hour in the morning cleaning while getting me and ds's ready (who are 6 months and 2 years), then half an hour once they've gone to bed, 2 15min sessions through the day whenever they are happy, and that's about it!
I've found it's freed me up to do more things that I want to do and I have more time for the dc's because I'm not trying to get all my housework done in 1 day, it's spread across the week in managable goals.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now