Talk

Advanced search

Bedroom decor ... whats yours like? Can you help me with mine please?

(12 Posts)
Disenchanted3 Mon 17-Aug-09 12:43:18

Ours is currently crap magnolia walls with one hot pink wall and hot pink bedding, hmm

The carpet is crap & brown,

our curtains are salmon pink <<boaks>>

We have 2 nice wardrobes & matching chest of drawers thanks to FIL donating his old ones and nice medium wood (luckily to match the furniture( sleigh bed.

I want a nice grown up room

Any ideas?

Disenchanted3 Mon 17-Aug-09 12:44:22

What I mean is the furniture is very nice it just looks crap becausae of the decoration. (typing with DD and puppy on knee) grin

Disenchanted3 Mon 17-Aug-09 14:44:20

What you lot don't have bedrooms then?!

moshie Mon 17-Aug-09 18:03:34

We've just decorated two bedrooms, ours is off white with one wall pale blue, and 21 yr old
DD's is off white with a dark raspberry rug and bedding.
Both very grown up looking rooms. smile

FiveGoMadInDorset Mon 17-Aug-09 18:05:52

Ours when we get it done, will be grey walls and wooden floors, probably a mulberry or lavender curtains and throw.

EyeballsintheSky Mon 17-Aug-09 18:25:26

Ours is stone coloured walls; a sort of pale browny beige, light wooden floor and brown and 'natural' bedding with the odd hints of duck egg blue. Is nicer than it sounds and very grown up.

Sidge Mon 17-Aug-09 18:33:46

Ours is lovely and a real sanctuary! No TV, and only the bed, 2 bedside tables, a chest of drawers and the built in wardrobes. Two really relaxing pictures on the walls.

The walls are painted in Toasted Almond which is a Baileys sort of colour. I have cream curtains, a cream blackout blind, our bedding is cream and very soft brown (again like the colour of Baileys and very similar in colouring to this) in the winter with a chocolate brown fleecy throw. In the summer I have very soft cornflower-blue colour duvet cover set which looks lovely with the other colours.

I have a couple of little scatter cushions on the bed and very plain lamps - cream shades with a sort of metallic bronzey edging which goes with our metal bed frame.

SparkyToo Tue 18-Aug-09 20:56:00

I think Sidge might be going down the right road - with the 'natural' colour scheme after all this will go with the brown carpet (most expensive thing to replace) and the natural wood of the sleigh bed and matching furniture.

Why don't you get rid of the hot pink bedding and wall (replace with natural colour/s), then have some really smart plain white satin stripe duvet cover and pillowcases, just like in the best hotels. This will provide a cool smart contrast, with a silk throw at the end of the bed, something with a bit of natural beige colour?

GentleOtter Tue 18-Aug-09 20:59:13

Black painted floor boards
White walls
Big brass bed
Old wooden wardrobe

MrsMattie Tue 18-Aug-09 21:02:25

Ours is boring, but I like it. It relaxes me.

Cream walls, cream curtains (heavy, lined ones with nice siwshy drawing mechanism - the most expensive thing in the room after bed), stripped wood floors and light oak furniture, mahoosive wrought iron bed. Huge mirror on one wall. That's it.

When it's not covered in piles of washing and stray Thomas toys, it's a pretty serene, soothing place.

Anonymumandlikeit Tue 18-Aug-09 21:04:22

Sage green walls
varnished wooden floorboards
pine wardrobe and chest of drawers and side table
Comfy cream and wood chair
Cream bedding
cream curtains
Lovely rug I bought when I was young and free when travelling in South America.

PM73 Wed 19-Aug-09 18:01:06

Walls are painted in a very pale latte colour,wrought iron bed with cream bedding with a darker cream strip at the top,2 mongolian cushions on the bed in cream,small shelves instead of bedside cabinets & fitted wardrobes,goldy/creamy coloured carpet.

Our curtains are cream velour lined with a boxed pelmet in the same fabric & a roman blind in the same colour strip as on the bedding.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now