Talk

Advanced search

My hoover is smelly! help!

(7 Posts)
toomuchmonthatendofthemoney Fri 14-Aug-09 15:29:27

i have a Morphy Richards Premair, not sure how old it is as inherited it from parents about 2 years ago.

it seems to work fine, but just this week i've realised its smelly. the cupboard smelt funny for a few days and i've traced it to the hoover. we don't have pets and ds is toilet trained, i dont remember scooping up any small rodents recently, the hoover bag was changed fairly recently and isn't full, so am at a bit of a loss.

any suggestions to help? thanks!

Mousey84 Fri 14-Aug-09 15:33:05

is there a filter in it that may need changed? I have to change mine every 5 bag changes and wash it every other bag change.

I also stick cotton wool with a few drops of essential oil into the bag.

SoupDragon Fri 14-Aug-09 15:36:51

Has a small child stuck a fish finger in the air vents?

[helpful]

KAEKAE Fri 14-Aug-09 16:11:54

You can buy powder to put in th bags of Hoovers - or just use some washing powder!

EachPeachPearMum Fri 14-Aug-09 20:42:21

put a few drops of lavender oil on a ball of cotton wool and pop it into the bag. Works a treat.

Soupy... you sound like you're speaking from experience! grin

Webme1 Sat 15-Aug-09 13:52:01

If you vacuum bag has got wet, this can cause an odour.

toomuchmonthatendofthemoney Sun 16-Aug-09 23:43:04

thanks for your replies ladies, its very nice to get some help.

have checked the bits i can get to for any of ds' favourites but no sign of cheerios/raisins/peanut butter so far.

not sure about a filter, will check and will do the essential oil thing, sounds lovely. Do you think if i use lavender oil in my hoover i will induce a calm, serene and restful atmosphere in my home? well, its worth a try! wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now