Talk

Advanced search

Today, I shall be ruthless, today I shall be brave, today I shall....

(10 Posts)
Disenchanted3 Fri 14-Aug-09 11:48:29

takle the mountain of shit upstairs.

<<pulls on marigolds, gets out binbags for charity shop, lights fire in backgarden>>

Everything not touched in the last 6 months will go.

<<puts crash helmet on>>

Disenchanted3 Fri 14-Aug-09 11:57:16

Ah, I'll have a cuppa first ...

OhYouBadBadDailyMail Fri 14-Aug-09 12:15:39

Right off you go then - up the stairs report back
a)the weirdest thing you are getting rid of
b)the heaviest thing you are getting rid of
c)the most embarrassing thing you are getting rid off
d)total weight or bags or number of items.

toomuchmonthatendofthemoney Fri 14-Aug-09 14:39:39

how's it going? stopped for afternoon tea yet?

OhYouBadBadDailyMail Fri 14-Aug-09 20:54:21

I think she must have disappeared under a mountain of collapsing clutter. Do we need to call for help do you think?
[wirried]

Disenchanted3 Sat 15-Aug-09 20:44:17

I started today... 4 bin bags of rubbish/ clothes up to now and thats just our room,

The kids room tomorrow.

Then the JUNK room...that should be interesting!

You are doing really well!! My clutter clearing is taking me ages, partly because we are decorating as well but also because I can only face 15-30 mins at a time, sad I know grin

toomuchmonthatendofthemoney Sun 16-Aug-09 23:52:42

can you send me happy-i-have-a-lovely-home now type vibes, disenchanted? if you can inspire me with a tale of successful de-cluttering i may just summon the courage to tackle the junk cupboard.

every time i prise open the door to lob another bit of junk in there to hide it before someone comes round, i am terrified its all going to come crashing down and give me concussion.

crankytwanky Thu 20-Aug-09 11:07:00

Godspeed, brave Disenchanted. Godspeed.

addictedtovicounts Thu 20-Aug-09 16:25:04

i have done the same thing today, started hours ago by cleaning all the windows in the house...it was better than a workout! so far have cleared 8 bags of rubish...and a drum kit! but i just kept tripping over it and it isnt mine anyway so its gone to a better home. still have amsses to sort and under the stairs. toomuch i can sympathise with you...i shove loads of stuff under there if i have to do an extra quick get it out of the way. still so much to do but now ahve to go an collect my son from nursery. will continue tonight once he is in bed...then its justcase of keeping it that way! bugger!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now