Talk

Advanced search

Steam generator irons - are they worth it and if so which one?

(6 Posts)
McDreamy Thu 13-Aug-09 21:11:12

Thinking of getting one as my iron died today. My friend says it's halved her ironing time.

daffodill6 Thu 13-Aug-09 21:32:04

Go for it - I purchased one in similar circs a couple of weeks ago. Definitely worth it in time saved - eg I now only iron one side of a pillow case for the same result, also jeans, shirts take half the time. Think mines a murphy richards excel - from Tesco anyway in sale - £70. Worth it for me.

McDreamy Fri 14-Aug-09 09:35:01

Great but still not sure which one to get! Comet seem to have them half price at the moment but does that mean they're rubbish?

startingagain Sat 15-Aug-09 00:03:26

I got a hinari one, lost the receipt and it died on my after about 4 months. It just doesn't generate any steam anymoresad It was good before it broke though! It was reduced to £39.99,

crockydoodle Sun 16-Aug-09 10:16:07

DEfinately worth it I have had my tefal for 4 years

welshdeb Sun 16-Aug-09 22:01:59

Yes. I bought a cheap one from tesco about 3 years ago and although I still hate ironing and only do the abolute minimum, it does do a great job. I find its also great on delicate fabrics and a lot of poly cotton easy care stuff which I give a few puffs of steam to and they don't need an iron

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now