Talk

Advanced search

Would anyone like to recommend a good fridge-freezer?

(11 Posts)
ilovepiccolina Tue 11-Aug-09 18:18:43

Just wondering if anyone has one they think is fab. Mine is an old Zanussi, which has been OK, but now it's on the blink & I don't know where to start.

It needs to be around 60% fridge & 40% freezer, or thereabouts. Reasonably priced, & not one of those Anerican 'get the floor reinforced' ones either. Not sure I want to go for a Smeg either, they don't do much for me somehow - unless you know a good reason why to go for one?

ilovepiccolina Tue 11-Aug-09 18:19:06

American.

ilovepiccolina Wed 12-Aug-09 17:55:17

So come on, tell me why I should pay over £1000 for a Smeg!

PestoMonster Wed 12-Aug-09 17:57:55

maytag

Indith Wed 12-Aug-09 18:00:17

I have just bought an Indesit BAN12NF. No idea what it is like as I've not turned it on yet! It cost under £300 though and is a Which Best Buy. I just joined Which for a month at great expense (£1 grin) and went for the only thing in their best buys I could afford.

alibubbles Thu 13-Aug-09 10:48:01

I have the Maytag Trilogy in the link from Pestomonster, it is fabulous! I wanted lots of fridge space, the freezer is easier to access than the one with a long door. it has two very large basket/drawers that pull put on runners.

I'd seen it in a ski chalet and came home and bought one, they are bit 'ouch' in price though! John Lewis they are cheaper in white!

ilovepiccolina Thu 13-Aug-09 12:01:27

Over £2000 shock! Too 'ouch' for me! There are some that seem OK on the Boots website for less than £200! This is why I'm so confused. But thanks anyway. Perhaps I'll get a Maytag for my ski chalet one day...

LEC? Whirlpool? Are thy good? Pref one that doesn't sound like a train. And keeps things cold, that'd be good. Apart from that, not fussed.

We've got one from the Bosch Classixx range, similar to this one. I like it, it runs quietly and cools things efficiently.

We got a good deal on ours from Comet Clearance Auctions.

ilovepiccolina Fri 14-Aug-09 15:09:25

Thanks for that link Cruel, that's really useful, I had no idea they did that sort of thing. Brilliant.

beanstalk Fri 14-Aug-09 15:20:29

I have a fisher & paykel and it's great. Quite expensive, around £800 iirc online but worth it. It has humidity controlled salad/veg drawers which make all your veg stay fresh for ages, lettuce stays crisp for a week or more. Freezer is good too.

stepaway Fri 14-Aug-09 15:22:44

whatever you do, do NOT buy a Smeg retro fridge. They are beautiful and stylish but SUCH bad quality. The plastic things inside (which hold the shelves in place) are always breaking. ditto the plastic bottle holders (in the door). honestly, i can't believe the company has got away selling these things for £1,000 for so long!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now