unload washer done
home bleurgh, or some of
buy hamster food
iron
wash up
breakfast
get dressed
make picnic

we are going pond dipping today, at least i think we are, the website says today is marine day and next tues is pond dipping, but when i phoned the lady definately said we were booked in for pond dipping today grin

dylsmum1998 Tue 11-Aug-09 07:29:40

ok so i have discovered the zone is THE KITCHEN and this is todays mission i did this the other week so shouldn't take me to long hmm

EHM Tue 11-Aug-09 07:45:40

Morning ALL*

*dylsmum
for a split 2nd when I read your post from last night I thought you where pond dipping dsblush Have fun!
wend hope you had a better night. I am always grumpy & intolerant when tired. I am always ashamed of myself when I am like this especially with ellie as she is small. I know I've taken this trait from my parents. I thought on many occasions to seek therapy to avoid passing this on to my little one.blush I must be hard when your lo's are fighting.
galen hope CPs are improving?
grouchy hope you did rest yesterday.

oh better going & recap on yesterdays thread again. Then get dressed.

phone friend re: meeting up today
phone solicitors
phone estate agents
view rental property at 3pm

house is looking tip top. will clean bathroom after we get showered.

EHM Tue 11-Aug-09 07:47:19

star & prof hope wine flu is bettersmile

dylsmum1998 Tue 11-Aug-09 07:49:03

EHM any of the cheek i had yesterday from ds and i think i may accidently dip him wink grin

EHM Tue 11-Aug-09 07:49:13

scatty how very rude of shop assistanthmm

scattyspice Tue 11-Aug-09 08:30:35

Morning smile.

LOL EHM - I was a bit taken aback, but they were the loudest kids in the shop (they were just being enthusistic hmm). Good luck with all your house stuff today.

Dyl - my friend says the same about her 10yo. Have fun pond dipping (you always do such imaginative things smile).

Wendy - hope you've had a better nights sleep.

Today:
quick errand for dh
park (make a picnic)
HOOVER
send list of food that dc will eat to dad.

BBL

grouchyoscar Tue 11-Aug-09 09:14:54

Thanks for the thread Dyls

Today I'm taking Ed to the School library then to Tesco to get uniform supplies, may take him swimming if I'm up for it hmm

Done

Up and take Ed to watch the green bins being emptied (amazing what entertains kids for no capital outlay)
Bring in all (14!) the bins for the yard
Make breakfast
Load DW and run
have shower and take meds

Better stop procrasting and get a move on, to the school I go!

ah....suposed I should change from my bathrobe

wendyhappysmile Tue 11-Aug-09 09:18:52

These shop assistants need to learn their manners if you ask me! What a cheek, scatty!
EHM thanks for the support, it's good to know I'm not alone. I agree with you, i have thought of some sort of therapy too but never got round to it.

Slept ok til 4.15 when DD wanted me to come and sleep with her sad She had had a nightmare I think. Lots of castles on hols and lots of talk by DS and DH of 'naughty people' for the enemies invading the castles, then we read that book 'Mog' about a burglar, and DH explained to the DC what a prison is for i.e. naugthy people - think it's all got a bit much for her. Think we sometimes forget our children are so little and should be shielded from stuff sad. But then children's tv programmes and stories are full of naughty foxes etc who get their comeuppance, so I don't know.
Bit deep for this time of morning. Meant to be going swimming with a friend, but she hasn't got back to me yet this morning so not sure! Guess I can go anyway (I'm a non swimmer so have never taken both of them together). I know, I know, it's on my life's to do list ...
Can you tell I'm a bit down on myself today!! See you all later ladies and have good days.

TeaMonster Tue 11-Aug-09 09:56:36

Morning all

The sun is shining and we should all be happy.

Wendy Dont be down on yourself, you are a fab mumm and you can learn to swim once DD is in Preschool/School

EHM I am a grump with no sleep too - they (DH and the boys) call me the groucy monster when I am in that state

Dyls enjoy pond dipping

GO Take it easy - all 14 bins

Scatty I get THOSE sort of comments all the time. IN M&S last week an old hag commented "Someone had better shut those children up - I am going to end up in St Lukes" I told her at least they are happy - they were singing. I was shaking with anger and couldnt keep stum blush

We are taking mum to the hospital today and then back for councelling - not sure what else, but the sun is shinning so maybe the park.

BBL

EHM Tue 11-Aug-09 13:20:17

Tea Is St Lukes still there? I thought they built houses on the site of the hospital? Most old dears in M & S complain if a child even looks at them the wrong way.

back from lovely morning at park-so hot didn't expect that & not dressed accordingly.

wendy I concur with tea*
*grouchy
14 bins- do your own & take it easywink

right off to make lunch
hang out washing
phone solicitors
phone estate agents
view rental property at 3pm

have good afternoon ladies

wendyhappysmile Tue 11-Aug-09 13:30:58

Hello
EHM hope house viewing goes ok - what is happening, have you sold your house?
grouchy take it easy woman!
TM hope hosp/counselling goes ok
Dyls I have never been pond dipping, sounds great - not sure what it is, though! hmm
Feeling better, met my friend for swimming, she has two boys, one is in DS's class at school so that was nice.
Just put DD in bed, trying for a small nap most days, think she is over tired thus not sleeping properly. DS in the sand again (current obsession!)
Later

Tesco: uniform bits, socks for DD, new swim ring, more sand!
Park if it stays fine
Make chocolate buns I think
Make something for tea - have a glut of courgettes!
Play with DC!

BBL

EHM Tue 11-Aug-09 14:13:48

Wendy on to our 3rd buying & in process of trying to exchange contracts by eom-with view of moving out 2nd oct. Solicitors doing nothing other than causing issues! had another phone call with my estate agent today, our solicitor is on holiday & his secretary having to deal with issues?
Just about to call solicitors again. We have re homed Mia with a lovely couple who already have a very old & very fat cat. I 've spoken to then & she is happy as larrysmile Vic still being fosteredsad we could have had her here longer if only we had know the issued with the house would arise!

better get a move on viewing is at 3pm

EHM Tue 11-Aug-09 14:14:50

ps wendy ellie is a sand girl too

scattyspice Tue 11-Aug-09 14:35:31

fingers crossed for you EHM.

Glad you had a good day Wendy, I think sometimes it doesn't matter what you think up to do with your kids, they really just want other kids to play with sometimes hmm.

Back from park (we are touring parks in the area lol) very busy!

To do:
reboot laundry
finish house bleugh

SimplyIsATalentedBuzzard Tue 11-Aug-09 15:02:54

Hello to all. smile

I'm sorry, I have just lurked for a couple of days since coming back from hols. Today, I've barely skim read the thread as I need to get cracking now that I'm back from work and I've had a coffee and biccie.

My news: I've made a huge mess in the kitchen! I've emptied a large cupboard in search for the spare kettle with lead. I'm darned if I'm going to put all the clutter back in so I'm going to have a big sort out.

grouchyoscar Tue 11-Aug-09 15:24:18

How do

Went to the library and Ed started his series of meltdowns. A total of 6 across the time out of the house FFS. He's tired out and fighting it and doing my head in

Got new school clothes tho, a kagoul and new trainers, mostly free thanks to doubling up on clubcard vouchers

Got hot sausages for lunch and as there was a 25 min wait for the bus I ripped open the crusty rolls and had an inpromtu picnic in the bus station, saved the 'I'm HUNGRY' whinging

grouchyoscar Tue 11-Aug-09 15:49:48

Oh, just seen the neighbour and he's pleased we've made use of the drawers, he was only going to burn them shock

grouchyoscar Tue 11-Aug-09 16:53:10

Drawers nowout of the kitchen and in the bedroom grin Need to source some baskets now

EHM Tue 11-Aug-09 17:15:17

grouchy good for yousmile you have just made me chuckle so much with your comment on FB about neighbours kids. that Ellie asked me what I was laughing atsmile
simply HELLO
scatty i think your right-ellie would prefer to have somebody to play with
House was lovely-min rental 6 months & its very pricey I have just spoke to DH (midnight there) & he wants to see on saturday.smile

TheProfiteroleThief Tue 11-Aug-09 17:29:55

Hi all
been off picnicing today with buddies. Very nice, though I got the curse in the middle of a park with no loos for miles (removed becuase they had too many 'gentlemen callers'), so had to come home a bit early sad.

I did smack a dog in the park though shock. It ran over our picnic - owner was miles away, so I swotted it and sent it on its way. I daresay that is the wrong thing to do. Was not hard -honest.

Then came home and I have been designing pendants - creative girly emo. I have a load of mates with birthdays all in the same month, which means I can afford to do a bulk order of precious stones grin. I thought nicer than using glass - strange conincidence though.

dylsmum1998 Tue 11-Aug-09 18:14:04

vvendy (sorry broken double u so trying to improvise!!) pond dipping is taken a net putting in a pond to see vvhat vvildlife you have caught.
dc caught vvater snails, beetles, pond skaters, snail eggs and 2 baby fish and numerous other bugs i cant recall the name of....
much better day today vvith ds, have quite enjoyed him smile

GO love the imprompto picnic

Simply good luck vvith the decluttering

prof i'd prob of done the same re the dog

scattyspice Tue 11-Aug-09 18:45:26

LOL dyl you sound like a German with a stutter!

wendyhappysmile Tue 11-Aug-09 19:17:29

dyls you made me laugh there!! it sounds fab! I'll have to look out for it
prof you made me laugh too with your swipe at the dog sad on lack of the loo though
scatty you're right, they love other kids I think, well mine just love being out and about and not just at home.
simply hi
grouchy mine are so whingey when tired I hate them temporarily!
Off to play on the x box for an hour. DH at home but working on work computer.
Freecyclers - one arrived, another emailed late in day to change their mind - sometimes it's so hard to do the right thing and give stuff to people who need it! Easier to tip things unfortunately

dylsmum1998 Tue 11-Aug-09 19:33:00

scatty i thought that vvhen i typed it lol but couldnt think of another vvay of doing it!!

vvendy it is lots of fun, have done it at diff sites locally, i have found nature reserves and country parks all do it at some point

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now