Talk

Advanced search

How to get rid of mucky marks in shower tray

(13 Posts)
StealthPolarBear Mon 10-Aug-09 16:28:22

I assume they're dirty feet marks hmm tray isn't white like it used to be.
I've tried scrubbing, bleach and bicarb of soda (not all at the same time!) - any other suggestions?

StealthPolarBear Mon 10-Aug-09 16:31:22

I've been considering whitening toothpaste - is that a stupid idea??

fatjac Mon 10-Aug-09 17:01:56

Make a paste with Biological washing powder and leave on for a few hours.

saadia Mon 10-Aug-09 17:10:44

I find that bleach left on for a while and then scrubbed gets most things clean.

StealthPolarBear Mon 10-Aug-09 17:20:06

ooh thank you fatjac, will try that overnight
saadia - I have in the past scrubbed on bleach and then left it on for as long as possible - didn't seem to make a difference, I was really surprised

saadia Mon 10-Aug-09 17:22:30

yes that is surprising, have you tried anything like Cillit Bang - just seen the ads and they claim it cleans everything.

BonsoirAnna Mon 10-Aug-09 17:24:16

If you go to a good hardware store, they will stock HG Bath Shine which works wonders!

StealthPolarBear Mon 10-Aug-09 17:29:25

hmm i do have some cillit bang which got shoved to the back of a cupboard when I wasn't impressed, might dig it out and give it a go
Thanks Anna - will look into that if washing powder doesn't work
Also I've tried jif - should have mentioned that

StealthPolarBear Mon 10-Aug-09 17:29:46

do we have unnaturally mucky feet or something/???

noddyholder Mon 10-Aug-09 17:33:27

That bath power stuff is brilliant

Casserole Mon 10-Aug-09 18:13:57

Try Viakal - if the stains have gone onto some limescale at the bottom then they won't come off the limescale easily, so you need to take the limescale off completely.

StealthPolarBear Mon 10-Aug-09 19:20:47

OK, thanks, more stuff to try!

LadyStealthPolarBear Sat 29-Aug-09 21:44:25

Well about 3 weeks later blush and I've finally got round to it! Scrubbing with bio washing powder worked a treat, thanks fatjac! Can recommend it - my shower tray is gleaming like a daz advert and I could see the muck come off as I scrubbed - very satisfying!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now