Talk

Advanced search

how do you get banana stains out of baby clothes?

(14 Posts)
janek Sun 09-Aug-09 20:05:42

i had forgotten since dd1 how badly banana stains, and dd2 is keener to eat than dd1 ever was, so the stains are much worse.

is it just cos i use ecover?
what can i do to eliminate them?

even her flannel is covered in banana stains. gross.

dizzymare Sun 09-Aug-09 20:07:03

Ds has loads of things with black marks on from bananas, so am watching with interest

jeee Sun 09-Aug-09 20:08:09

On to my fourth child and still haven't managed to remove banana stains. Now I strip off the baby before letting them eat bananas.

greenfanta Sun 09-Aug-09 22:45:50

pears are a horror too!

MatNanPlus Sun 09-Aug-09 22:53:16

I damp item be it clothes / cloth then add a dollop of fairy dish liquid and rub for a bit rinse and repeat if needed, i do this while stain still wet.

This will also deal with tomato.

janek Mon 10-Aug-09 20:53:14

wow, thanks. i guess it's too late for the old stains then...

btw tomato also bleaches out if you hang the stain in the sun, i've always done it wet, but it may work dry too, for all i know.

LoveBeingAMummy Tue 11-Aug-09 09:43:50

Think it has to be washed stright away tbh

toomuchmonthatendofthemoney Fri 14-Aug-09 14:56:34

you say you use ecover, is that just the washing liquid? i found it wasn't great on stains. But the ecover Stain Remover used first is pretty good. Worth a try.

MrsBadger Fri 14-Aug-09 15:10:42

hang in sun and pray

Clary Fri 14-Aug-09 15:16:50

Nothing gets them out.

IME. Sorry. You'll just have to chuck the clothes or bite the bullet and wear em messy.

NKfffffffff07a20b1X1179359bfe8 Mon 17-Aug-09 19:44:43

I have just read that you should put item in a metal bowl, pour over boiling water, and then pour over napisan and leave for 20 mins - am trying this as i type - will let you know if it works!!! hmm

princessmel Mon 17-Aug-09 20:01:28

I found that if you rinsed the clothes as soon as your child had finished eating then it was ok. I just squirted some neat washing up liquid on, then scrubbed. Then after washing hung in sun. That works for loads of stuff.

NKfffffffff07a20b1X1179359bfe8 Tue 18-Aug-09 08:51:55

well - IT WORKED!!!!! I put a delicate pink baby top into a metal bown (pan) then poured over boiling water and then poured over the napisan poweder, left for 20 mins or so and rinsed and THE BANANA HAD GONE - there was however a little blue staining from the napisan but that was removed by normal washing!!!! - im gonna give it a go on some other stains now...

janek Wed 19-Aug-09 19:40:27

so nkfff does the nappysan work on old stains, or just fresh banana? cos my big problem is that the banana looks so innocuous before the clothes go in the washing machine, and leaves such a big brown stain when they come out...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now