Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone on here have a HENRY?

(39 Posts)
SammyK Sat 08-Aug-09 21:49:45

Need a new vacuum cleaner and DP wants a Henry. Can anyone tell me if they are a good buy? Or not? Thanks smile

NervousNutty Sat 08-Aug-09 21:50:50

I do, bu i'd not say it was any better or worse than any other really.

If mine broke, i'd not spend £100 on another.

greensnail Sat 08-Aug-09 21:56:02

I've got one and I quite like it, but apparently they're not as good as they used to be. I think they used to be quite invincible, but i managed to break a wheel on mine a few weeks after getting it.

Not sure I'd get one again, although it does the job fine.

SammyK Sat 08-Aug-09 21:57:09

eek.

That's exactly it NN, nearly £100. (lot of money to me) DP keeps saying 'and how much did the dyson cost?' He knows how much it cost but likes to remind me, he really wants a henry. hmm grin

I just want one that works.

SammyK Sat 08-Aug-09 21:58:24

That's the trouble I have had with Dyson Greensnail, got the first one out yrs ago and was brill, replaced it with new model beginning of 09 and it has been rubbish from the start. angry

Wilts Sat 08-Aug-09 21:58:25

I have one I like his smiley face

I have mine for years now, but I wouldn't be that bothered about replacing it if it broke.

I do quite like Hetty though grin

FAQtothefuture Sat 08-Aug-09 21:59:26

I have a Henry that I'm about to get rid of - as it was bought for DH a few months back - before we got back together and I brought my Dyson here........

DH loves his Henry but has agreed he's got to go (as I love my Animal Dyson more grin)

winestein Sat 08-Aug-09 22:01:04

They are great, but not easy to store and do not roll around corners as easily as they look like they should. Had mine for about 8 years and had no problems at all, other than the little brush attachment which broke after a ridiculous amount of use.

If they are not as good as they used to be, perhaps my vintage one is one of the good 'uns.

Jux Sat 08-Aug-09 22:02:23

I bloody hate it. It's heavy. I can barely pick up the pole let alone the whole thing (mind you I've got ms so not normal smile).

DH bought it insisting it'd be too heavy for me "but I do all the hoovering anyway so that doesn't matter".

It has got a nice cheerful grin though.

greensnail Sat 08-Aug-09 22:02:47

Why do men love Henrys so much? It was DH who suggested getting ours, and he very rarely uses the bloody thing.

FAQtothefuture Sat 08-Aug-09 22:03:32

it's not heavy!!! I can use it and I@m a weakling blush - I find my dyson heavier (but it's my freebie off the MN trial start of last year and the dyson MUST stay and the Henry must go - as can't justify 2 hoovers in the house grin)

LoveBeingAMummy Sat 08-Aug-09 22:04:30

Am i the only one who saw this and thought it meant something rude till I saw the section it was in blush

RustyBear Sat 08-Aug-09 22:04:58

Our caretaker at school always uses a Henry _ I've used it a few times,seems Ok but nothing special.

I have a Bosch, which I thought was good, but I've just been shown that it's actually totally useless & I really need to spend £1300 on a Kirby. shock

I actually seriously thought about it... for a few minutes grin

tassisssss Sat 08-Aug-09 22:05:04

I have one and like it a lot.

Previously had an upright dyson and did not like it one bit.

I bought my sister a Hetty, I love it!

tassisssss Sat 08-Aug-09 22:06:34

ooh and when my 2 yo opened her mini Henry at Christmas she said "just like.....

....Daddy's"!!

(so that tells you who does most hoovering in this house!)

Spidermama Sat 08-Aug-09 22:07:06

I love my Henry. It's my second. My first, which I bought after using one in a pub I used to work in and thinking it was brilliant, went on for years and years and years. When it broke I foolishly bought a cheap Bosch which I have been struggling on with for about three years. Mercifully my DS stood on the Bosch last week breaking it and I was able to rush straight down to Comet and get another Henry.

My life is complete once more.

FAQtothefuture Sat 08-Aug-09 22:08:27

I could sell you mine DH's (well I paid for it grin) <<<<<<<quickly goes off to renew CAT in case she gets told for offering hers>>>>>>>>

georgimama Sat 08-Aug-09 22:15:58

Workmen always have Henrys. So do shops (that's how I first came to use one, when a Saturday shop girl).

I actually prefer mine to a Dyson. My labrador's hair was too much for the Dyson, Henrys will suck up rubble so animal hair is no problem. They are damned heavy though.

SammyK Sat 08-Aug-09 22:32:50

I think I am just going to take the plunge and buy one. Can blame DP if it is a disappointment. grin

Lovebeingamummy grin

Thanks for the replies smile

FAQtothefuture Sat 08-Aug-09 22:34:17

Sammy - my offer is there if you're interested - it's hardly been used (bag still hasn't been emptied).

SammyK Sat 08-Aug-09 22:40:03

Hmm.. maybe FAQ.. do you think it would need a courier as they are heavy? {clueless} How much were you wanting for it and how much do you think it would be to get it to me?

SammyK Sat 08-Aug-09 22:40:23

Hmm.. maybe FAQ.. do you think it would need a courier as they are heavy? {clueless} How much were you wanting for it and how much do you think it would be to get it to me?

FAQtothefuture Sat 08-Aug-09 22:46:10

would need to courier it to you I think - still have the box though (plus all the attachments - most of which are unused <<<<men>>>>>), and 3 (or 4?) unused bags.

I can get it out and measure/weight it tomorrow and get some quotes if you want?

FAQtothefuture Sat 08-Aug-09 22:46:31

actually DH is going to get the box out now and measure it for me grin

justbeme Sat 08-Aug-09 22:50:50

I have a pink Hetty and I get on great with her. I got mine from Costco, but they start from £85 in Homebase here

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now