Talk

Advanced search

Those of you who store stuff like rice, pasta etc in jars... gather here!

(14 Posts)
navyeyelasH Sat 08-Aug-09 21:15:51

I have a very mundane question. How do you store rice cakes and cracker breads? I can't seem to find jars with a wide enough neck or ones that are rectangular!

TIA.

webchick Sun 09-Aug-09 09:15:59

I dont store rice cakes or crackers but I keep pasta, rice, weetabix and other cereals in tall, oval shaped see-through storeage jars. They came from Sainsburies I think. They are very oval shaped (ie wide necked) so fine for getting eg Weetabix out. Have a look in Lakeland or John Lewis if youre near one.

PrincessToadstool Sun 09-Aug-09 09:17:53

I use a mix of jars, Lock&Lock, and my new favourite - Oxo stuff which is very satisfying to open and close

PrincessToadstool Sun 09-Aug-09 09:20:18

I like these too, good compromise between glass and plastic (I think)

JRocks Sun 09-Aug-09 09:23:59

I use Ikea ones - but can't post a link atm, sorry smile

Starbear Sun 09-Aug-09 10:15:54

Princess like the Oxo pop containers just what I need.

Starbear Sun 09-Aug-09 10:19:39

Princess They are a USA company. How do you buy them?

PrincessToadstool Sun 09-Aug-09 10:26:18

My local Waitrose stocks them blush

Oh there's some on Amazon as well.

Starbear Sun 09-Aug-09 10:35:29

Cheers, I'll look out for them. Don't been ashamed of Waitrose or John Lewis they have the best business practices and treatment of their ground floor employees. I would LOVE to work for them if I could afford to. All companies should run like them.

navyeyelasH Sun 09-Aug-09 10:51:17

Brilliant princess those oxo cube shapes should work. All my other ones are from Ikea and cirular glass I did want them to match I am anal but they oxo ones look like the perfect size.

Another question o this subject, how do you label your jars. Sticky labels obviously but does anyone use anything different? I usually just cut out the labels and put them in the jars but want something a bit more fun. As you can see I am a bit sad a neat freak!

Katymac Sun 09-Aug-09 10:56:48

You could use luggage labels

either plain cream/white ones or I have seen them in rainbow colours

Starbear Sun 09-Aug-09 11:00:01

that sounds like an good idea those paper tags with string. Not keen on stinky labels hard to wash.

navyeyelasH Sun 09-Aug-09 11:12:44

Katymac, good call! Do you reckon lakeland sell them? Off to have a nosey.

Katymac Sun 09-Aug-09 11:54:02

Or make your own with nice paper/card & interesting string

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now