Talk

Advanced search

stinky carpet after milk spillage - Help!!

(5 Posts)
holdingittogether Sat 08-Aug-09 20:43:25

Seems a cup of milk got spilt in ds3's room a few days ago and nobody told me about it. Carpet now really stinks, horrible cheesy, sicky, milky smell that hits you when you walk in the room. Any cleaning tips would be greatly appreciated. Shall I just keep spraying fabreeze on it or scrub carpet with soapy water? Any products anyone can recommend?

pinkteddy Sat 08-Aug-09 20:46:30

I would try biological washing powder/liquid diluted with water and scrub with a cloth. It should get rid of smell. I wouldn't spray anything on it. You might have to do it a couple of times tonight and then again in the morning.

holdingittogether Sat 08-Aug-09 21:07:03

Thank you. Hadn't thought of that. Going to have to attack it tomorrow as ds3 is asleep in there now. I just wish who ever spilt it came and told me right away!!!

wonderingwondering Sat 08-Aug-09 21:16:47

Bicarb of soda diluted in a bowl of water, sponged onto the stain, usually shifts bad smells and won't mark the carpet.

frimblypoo Mon 10-Aug-09 21:55:40

did you get rid of it? If not can recommend a milton tablet dissolved as per instructions. Magicked away milk smell when 6 pints split in car blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now