Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Weekend Fly Thread

(35 Posts)
EHM Sat 08-Aug-09 07:33:18

Morning ALL

Some T*at called my mobile & 420am so took ages to go back to sleep.then it was time to get up with ellie. Couldn't call them back as it said 'private number' wtf!

littleboyblue Sat 08-Aug-09 07:43:11

Morning EHM Oh dear. Hope you have a nice, easy relaxed day today.

Not sure what's happening here today. Not much hopefully!!

Wolfcub Sat 08-Aug-09 11:34:54

morning all

thanks for the thread ehm

I have a major major hang over. Went out with a friend last night and we had way too much to drink and a lovely huge meal. Lovely!!!!

Jobs to do today

need to go and get ds new shoes
look for wedding rings/see if the jeweler has got the one that fits round my engagement ring in
get some craft bits for ds
ice the coffee and walnut cake I made yesterday

hope all have a nice day

grouchyoscar Sat 08-Aug-09 11:51:32

Cheers for the thread EHM

Wolf I too over relaxed last night blush

DONE

Up and showered
Make bed
Load WM and run
Peg out

TO DO

Empty DW
Put away
Sweep and mop kitchen
Wash windows
General tidy round

I'm going to the mall to get some basic undies today. DH is going to football and Ed is going to MIL so it's my only pre hols window of opportunity. We go next week and no one (cept me) seems to be planning hmm
Got tons to do, better dig the brush out

TeaMonster Sat 08-Aug-09 12:42:16

Bookmarking BBL

Tortoise Sat 08-Aug-09 13:27:36

Afternoon all.

Visit to the vets with Mickey went ok. No obvious problems, strong heart beat etc.
Means i am still none the wiser as to why he is being odd! She did say it could be behavioural or something nerve wise in his brain. sad

She is going to do some research and get back to me in the week. Just have to see how he goes. If i didn't have kids i wouldn't be so worried. Will also try phoning the RGT where we got him from to see if they have any ideas.

swanriver Sat 08-Aug-09 17:41:40

Hope Mickey feels better soon, Tort. Presumably vet would have said something to you if you she was really worried by his behaviour.
We have had rather tiresome day. Started badly as I got no sleep worrying about next door's "nursing mother cat" being locked out by her owner away from kittens (all sorted this morning thank god - just a misunderstanding)
Dh thought I was completely mad to worry about the next door cat but he got no sleep either listening to me burbling on. So when ds2 appeared at 6.30 we were already very angry
The mornign was a battle of wills. I wanted him to take kids out so I could clean and deal with laundry. He said I should have done everythign yesterday [wretched man] so refused to budge, AND then complained about everything being a mess. He then made a enormous shepherd's pie for lunch which just annoyed me more as it took him ALL morning.
Kids not too bad but parental tension enough to flip balance.
Anyway DH is now asleep, and I have dragged kids to swimming on bus via Morrisons [for coke blush, ds1 moaning and screaming in worst hefty 9 year old form (Grouchy you have to imagine Ed with knobs on]

Lovely swim. 7 loads of laundry completed smile just have to iron it now before it loses that perfect slightly damp aura.

So animals, washing, boys - do your worst, I have overcome you.

scattyspice Sat 08-Aug-09 18:41:12

Well done swan you are a trouper as always smile.

Sympathys for the hangover wolf (mine are always terrible blush), a good night out is always worth it though!

Hi LBB and Grouchy and EHM.

Toady dh had the kids and I had a lovely morning shopping in town (Fatface sale on smile). Then paddling pool with dd this aft and swimming party with ds (luckily I'd bought a new FF swimcosie for £10 as had to go in the pool shock).

Before we went to the party DS said something about party bags, I said that not all parties gave party bags and he shouldn't just expect one. He said 'that must have been in the olden days!' blush.

Wine tonight.

TheProfiteroleThief Sat 08-Aug-09 18:57:42

Poor EHM - an unwanted booty call wink.

Been to a party today and off to anoter tonight. Tis fancy dress. I do not look elegant or attractive in any way - ho hum.

4 extra for lunch tomorrow, so plan not to be too 'relaxed' tonight grin

Hope Mickey sorted soon

Wolfcub Sat 08-Aug-09 19:05:01

evening all

wedding rings ordered
iced cake I made yesterday
made tea for ds

tort I hope Mickey is ok

Tortoise Sat 08-Aug-09 19:09:33

Thanks Swan prof and Wolf. He has been ok so far today, will have to keep a close eye on him.

I have a tidy kitchen shock. Looks so much better.
Also have a tidy shoe rack. I told DC to have a good look at it and remember how it should look!!

Front room to do tomorrow.

DC watching space chimps on Sky. DD2 has gone to sleep using my knee as a pillow!

swanriver Sat 08-Aug-09 19:32:10

What lovely days you have all had - v. envy of fashionable shopping, icing cakes, rings, tidy kitchens, fancy dress {what did you GO AS? TPF?), and swimming party.
Will have to try harder to get my own way tomorrow wink
sleep well everyone smile

wendyhappysmile Sat 08-Aug-09 19:45:06

Hello everyone!!!
Back from hols - exhausted! Children shared a room - up every morning at 5 am and their room was over next door's bedroom - aargh! So had a good hols but not at all restful.
Have had several glasses - feeling 'relaxed' grin
hope all is well on here!
bye for now

TeaMonster Sat 08-Aug-09 19:48:54

Swan Dont worry, your day sounds like ours. Morning started off OK, DS1 to football practice with DH, DS2 and me opticians and shops

Home lunch

Put up two of the three outdoor lights and planned BBQ

The children turned in to haridens, it was terrible. We have just got them to bed, it was so bad. I have had a shower and am planning an early night, that is if next doors party doesnt go on all night - last year it was 5am!!!!

TeaMonster Sat 08-Aug-09 20:07:50

Welcome back Wendy - We have finnished our skittles

scattyspice Sat 08-Aug-09 20:09:12

mid summer madness I fear angry.

Glad you had a good holiday Wendy, we have all said the same (good but not restful) I wonder when holidays go back to being ^actual holidays^ again hmm.

Have a good night prof (we need to know what you are wearing).

galen Sun 09-Aug-09 09:18:01

morning all
Big apologies for being such a poor FLYfriend of late...summer hols seem to be overwhelming me LOL
Had a fairly good week. Lots of vivits topark (in between downpours),playdates for various DC, meeting up with friends etc...
Also reorganised Kitchen - moved in our spare (but better than original)fridge from garage and removed our (falling apart) built in fridge to garage then DH turned the casing that fridge was built into into a much needed double cupboard yay!
So now have much improved fridge in kitchen and much improved storage situation!
Other than that have had to acept a certain level of ongoing clutter,mess and chaos round the house and have resolved to ignore as much as possible till Sept in the hope of maintaining some sanity LOL

And to add to the fun dds 2,3 and 4 have all come down with chicken pox yesterday!! I knew they would get it cause my nephew had it when we were in Ireland and we were staying with them so it was kind of innevitable! DD1 and DS1 have already had it, and DS2 doesnt seem to have it ....yet..
So throw me all your best chicken pox suggestions this way please! DD2 is covered , DD3 not too bad, and DD4 moderate but WONT stop itching them arrrgghhh
Still at least the worst will be over before our hol the week after next...talking of which...
Our passports have been approved according to the tracking check and will be sent out this week yay!
So now have a week to sort all of holiday planning and packing yay
And yes we are not expecting it to be in any way retful LOL

Will be a better FLYfriend this week.
BBL grin

TeaMonster Sun 09-Aug-09 09:24:33

Morning all

galen Holidays are different arnt they? Anyway....

Chickenpox Survival Guilde

Calomile cream (not lotion as it dries out)
PoxiCiln - foam from boots - expensive but really good.
Piriton syrup
bicarbinate of soda for the bath. Helps reduce acid in the spots or something and reduces itching.
Oats in a muslin for the bath - very soothing
Metanium cream for nappy area.
children's magazines a godsend. Free gift, puzzles and new stories were good distraction.
maybe a new DVD as an alternative distraction.
oversized t-shirts as they wont rub the spots and will cover most bits.
nail scissors - cut nails now so any scratching has less effect.
If the weather is good pop the bicard and oats in the paddling pool

Hope this helps a little. Will be back later boys are fighting argggggggggggggggg

grouchyoscar Sun 09-Aug-09 09:26:01

Good Sunday Morning to ALL*

*Swan
Ed with knobs on? Hmmmmmm, Poor you. Could be , nope, sorry, would be horrific.

Tort Poor Mickey, Hope they come back with some ideas soon.

*Welcome back Wendy

Sounds productive Wolf

<<Waves>> to Everyone

Shattered, poo night's sleep and an early Ed wake up call. I have an awfully itchy scalp and despite the GP's anti-histamines, It isn't improving (bah). Thought I would sleep too as I spent all afternoon at the regional shopping mall, (hate the place but I needed to have new bra's fitted blush) DH is making courgette cake (!?!?) and, well, I feel, YKWIM.

Ah, well, Morning! Might go to Tesco later, or bed grin

Starbear Sun 09-Aug-09 10:12:26

Good Morning ALL
Back from Spain. Strange hols, as it rained on/off for most of the 3 weeks! Don't go to Galcia (NW corner above Portugal) if you want sun. It was lovely getting back with my Aunt, she is only 10 years older than me and looked after me a lot as a baby as my mum was having a hard time with my Dad then. Got to know my cousins better and haven't lost all my Spanish which was good to know.
I agree with Galen summer hols are very different as I also have DH at home too! (Teacher) which you would think would help but doesn't! He does make tea/dinner if ds and I have been out with friends so, that's a plus.
Question: Why does my DH not think to make Ds's bed and makes ours? OR get DS to tidy his toys before tea?
Sorry haven't read all the other posts as I must get my act together.
back with a list in a mo smile

scattyspice Sun 09-Aug-09 10:26:34

Hi all.

star glad you had a good holiday (shame about the rain though), lovely to get together with your (young) Aunt! Husbands though! who knows why they do what they do (and don't do)! I have given up trying to fathom it out.

galen sounds like you've been very busy and productive. Poor chicken pox kids sad its a huge PITA, grin and bear it is all I can offer, the worst is over in a couple of days (and nights!).

tea*/*grouchy hi

Trying to have an easy day today. DS has gone to B&Q with dh, dd is pottering, I am ironing.

Starbear Sun 09-Aug-09 10:41:26

Right, Have just invited very good friends to a BBQ. I go over and invite neighbours too. I think I've left it too late and they have gone out. blush I'll buy frozen burger sausages & buns freeze them if they can't come!
List
Make beds
Wash & dress (boys are at church)
Get holiday photos (Jessops mixed up our set with another family with a new born)
A little food shopping.
DH will make lunch
make salad
Gardening until friends arrive (very good friends they can cope with grubby hands)
Have a good Sunday everyone.
Galen well that the next few days sorted for you. lots of DVD's and lotion!

Wolfcub Sun 09-Aug-09 11:07:28

morning all

ds is in a foul mood this morning, he has had a number of toys confiscated, has hurt my arm, spat all over everything and knocked a lump out of my coffee table. Luckily he has just fallen asleep grin. Hopefully he will wake up as his lovely alter ego.

Have also sorted through my jewellery box to find all the broken/too small/never going to wear again things to sell for scrap.

galen Sun 09-Aug-09 11:21:46

Oh thanks all for the CP tips!!
So far have done: clamine cream, bicarb baths and piriton
going to try: Oaty bath, bicarb in paddling pool later, and a trip to boots for poxicillan(sp??)
metanium for nappy area - dds 2 and 4 have them really badly round there - bless them
Also will invest a few comics and maybe a new cheap DVD for distraction purposes!
And have idscovered 2 spots on DS2 back...still I would rather they all got it over with together LOL

BBL all grin

grouchyoscar Sun 09-Aug-09 12:45:48

Just had a 30 mins chaotic panic due to my eBay habit. Can I tell you the tale?
Thanks

Go looking for a high sleeper bed for Ed with a sofabed for mates as his room is weeny, I was intending to watch but...

[[ http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?VISuperSize&item=360177036579 This]] for sale U£100, less than 25 miles away, 5 mins to go! So I foolishly bid and I WIN grin!!

We have no car shock so I call FIL who tells me he can't put anything longer than 6 ft in his Octavia (why did he get rid of the huge Volvo hmm? So I've won a large item and no way of getting it (DOH) Solution comes in the shape of Ed's schoolfriends dad who has a large jeep and has bought big stuff via eBay before. I aked, he said he would and phew, looks like Ed has a new bed/bigger bedroom grin

Keep me off eBay huh?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now