Advanced search

This is probably a stupid question but...

(4 Posts)
jenwyn Thu 06-Aug-09 18:47:15

Packets of ground coffee sometimes have a 'button' a little plastic thingumee attached to the inside of the packet.
Ive just opened a pack of cafe direct which has one.While waiting for the kettle to boil I was reading the instructions and in big letters it says Use the tab to keep fresh -or words to that effect.I looked all over for one of the sellotape type closures but theres nothing except this plastic button.
How do I use it to keep the coffee fresh? Or is it for something else.

Actually I keep the coffee in a jar anyway but just wondered...


jenwyn Thu 06-Aug-09 22:31:24

Seemingly it was a stupid questionblush

I'll get me coat

GrimmaTheNome Thu 06-Aug-09 22:33:20

I don't know what they are for either, and have vaguely wondered. Looks like some sort of valve. Maybe coffee emits a vapour and without it the bag would explode before opening? grin

LadyBee Thu 06-Aug-09 22:52:40

I think the plastic thing is a valve that they use to remove the air from the packet - was it a 'brick' type?
I think it's best to take the coffee out and stick it in a jar in the fridge.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: