Talk

Advanced search

Pasta stain on pale blue t-shirt- help!

(7 Posts)
Saucepanman Wed 05-Aug-09 22:48:35

Grr ds has got it all down his favourite Star Wars t-shirt. I scrubbed the stains with washing up liquid in the absence of anything else to hand, than did 40 degree wash- stains still there <gah> Have since scrubbed with green soap and said t-shirt is now soaking in hot water with more washing up liquid. Have run out of Acdo. Anything else I can do or is it ruined?!

TIA

liahgen Wed 05-Aug-09 22:51:10

Very hot water will set the stain

I would pop some dr backmans stain remover on it diluted well as it's likely to fade colour, rinse well then pop on washing line, facing full sun for 2 days.

Am asuming it's tomato based, sun is fab for tomato stains.

hth

KembleTwins Wed 05-Aug-09 22:51:23

I would soak it in vanish for a couple of days - I know it says no more than a couple of hours, but it works if you leave it longer. That only works if you have vanish to hand though. Good luck!

Montifer Wed 05-Aug-09 22:53:22

Bright sunlight might do it

Saucepanman Fri 07-Aug-09 00:35:59

Thanks guys, have just seen responses and thought "shit!" I didn't sort the t-shirt out blush. My own fault now if it is ruined.

BettyTurnip Fri 07-Aug-09 00:37:33

Second the bright sunlight - like magic.

Saucepanman Fri 07-Aug-09 20:12:09

Just brought it inside and can't believe my eyes- it has gone! It really is like magic grin Thanks you lot! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now