Talk

Advanced search

Various cleaning answers needed, please!

(5 Posts)
flippineck Wed 05-Aug-09 22:44:46

Apologies for putting these all in one place, it's entirely for my convenience,not yours blush!

How do I get get wax crayon off my fabric sofa? It's blue crayon on dark beige fabric. I've done nothing to it yet because I didn't want to make it worse. Not scrapable with a knife, it's just a long mark.

How do I clean a lead crystal vase? It's been used a lot recently and is looking quite dull and marked. It's quite delicate glass, not cut glass.

Why does my kitchen sink smell a lot of the time? It seems fine for a day or two after cleaning (bleach, sorry!) but then when I run the tap it honks again. What can I do to stop it. Was thinking about trying soda crystals but haven't got round to it yet.

Thanks!

MrsPurple Wed 05-Aug-09 23:50:12

Hi

You can get a product called sink fresh which I've found works.

Can't answer on other 2 I'm afraid

dreamteamgirl Thu 06-Aug-09 01:01:08

Hiya
The crayola website rocks for crayon on things

Here is crayon (regular) from upholstry

Cleaning Materials
Sponge
Paper towels
Dull knife or metal spoon
WD-40® (car part lubricant)
Liquid dishwashing detergent
Small stiff bristle brush
Amodex® ink & stain remover (optional)

Stain Removal Tips
Scrape excess crayon off with a dull-edge knife or metal spoon. Spray with WD-40 and let stand a few minutes. With a small, stiff bristle brush work crayon stain and wipe with paper towels. Respray with WD-40 and apply liquid dishwashing detergent on the sprayed area; work in with the brush and wipe stain away with a damp sponge. If stain remains, repeat the procedure. For another method, use any brand upholstery cleaner as directed on the container.

[http://www.crayola.com/canwehelp/staintips/index.cfm crayola site]]

Glass, try putting white vinega 1/4 full then warm water other 3/4s and letting it soak

Sink, def worth trying soda crystals. If it is the sink smelling then it will resolve it

Pour 2 cups down dry sink, follow with 1 cup hot water and leave for 30-45 mins. Flush down with 2 kettles biling water

jules2906 Fri 07-Aug-09 09:42:33

Hi flippineck

We had a smelly sink where the smell kept reappearing - in the end my dh had to take the pipe off and give it a good scrub as there was loads of grot in there that nothing was shifting. The overflow pipe was also a bit yucky too so maybe check that's not where the smell is originating from. Not been a problem since. Hope you get it sorted!

flippineck Fri 07-Aug-09 16:16:15

Thanks all. Hadn't occurred to me to check the Crayola website! WD40 sounds scary though...

Jules - I had wondered about that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now