Talk

Advanced search

Anyone own a Bosch Classixx 1200 Express washing machine

(11 Posts)
KarenG Wed 05-Aug-09 15:15:59

If so could you let me know what you think of it, as I've been offered one second hand but only a year old. thanks smile

Sunshinemummy Wed 05-Aug-09 15:30:40

I've got a Bosch machine but no idea of the model. It's fab - huge drum, very quiet, lots of cycle options. My uncle works in white goods and he told me to only ever buy Bosch, Siemens or Miele - anything else is a waste of money.

Ponders Wed 05-Aug-09 15:35:58

I have a Bosch Classix 1200 spin but it wasn't called express - number is something like 23460 (but I just made that up!)

Anyway it's brilliant - it's my 2nd Bosch washer after a couple of crappy Hotpoints - the last one did me for about 10 years (can't remember exactly) & I've had this one for about 2.

It washes extremely well and if you happen to get something like a coin or a hairgrip in the pump (hardly ever) you can get it out & fix it yourself.

Go for it!

poopscoop Wed 05-Aug-09 15:40:54

I have that one and not sure about the 'express' bit but over 5 years old and going strong. Never had to cvall anyone out, and now i have said that, watch this space!

Ponders Wed 05-Aug-09 15:46:16

It was 24360 but the only links to it I can find are in some form of Russian shock

Does this look anything like your one?

(Even if it doesn't, as sunshinemummy says, Bosch appliances are wonderful!!!)

lambanana Wed 05-Aug-09 18:51:12

I have and its brilliant. I have had mine for 7 years and it gets hammered every day. I have only just had the brushes replaced.

ChasingSquirrels Wed 05-Aug-09 19:01:04

yes, it is ok, but I wouldn't enthuse about it.
Quieter than my last one (which was over 15 yrs old) but I definately wouldn't say v quiet.
Especially as friend has just got a new washer dryer that you literally can barely hear going.

ramblingmum Wed 05-Aug-09 20:15:52

I have a Bosch classix 1200 spin which has given worked faultlessly for 5 years, despite 3 years of washable nappies and a husband who only believes it is full when he cant get any more in.

thisisyesterday Wed 05-Aug-09 20:20:17

i have a bosch classix, but not sure what spec or number
it's fab, going strong 3 yrs on despite fairly heavy usage. never had aproblem with it yet

bosch were voted best household appliance manufacturer or something like that in Which? again this year

ChristieF Fri 07-Aug-09 11:52:39

We have a Bosch Classixx 6 1200 Express. Fantastic. I wouldn't buy any washer except Bosch. I'm 48 with two sons and had lots of washers. This is about 3/4 years old. Love that it lets you know how long is left. It beeps when finished. Can choose spin speed. I wash at least twice most days of the week. Apparently it only puts in the amount of water needed so save on water and heating it. I use mainly 40 degrees but also 60 for towels and sheets. If it collapsed I would want the same one again.

HollyBunda Fri 07-Aug-09 12:20:00

I've had one for years and years. It's fantastic!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now