Talk

Advanced search

How do I get that mismatched crockery look without spending millions?

(3 Posts)
LissyGlitter Wed 05-Aug-09 12:30:43

I have a plate rack thingy in my kitchen that means my plates are on display, and I fancy having all mismatched old fashioned floral ones (you see that look in the guardian magazine all the time), but, beyond really annoying charity shops by just buying one plate out of a set, how do I do that cheaply? How do I make sure it looks like I meant to do it? I want to do the same with teacups and mugs, and maybe even get some brillant cocktail glasses eventually.

I am actually skint, so I know I will have to view it as a long term project, but I am determined to have a nice house now, I am sick of it looking like we are students! (OK, technically, we are, sometimes, but atm I am a SAHM, so I demand a nice house!)

For now, I think i will get us a set of cheapo plain white plates from tesco or somewhere (our plates seem to have evaporated somehow, we only have side plates for some reason) and gradually replace them with nice ones.

mollyroger Wed 05-Aug-09 12:36:17

car boot sales!
I went for a blue and white theme and it was amazing how once I had decided on the colours, I'd see odd ones here and there, on market stalls, car boots etc.

MmeLindt Wed 05-Aug-09 12:38:57

Do you have any antique/junk shops nearby?

Or ask around your family if anyone has any flowery plates.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now