Talk

Advanced search

My conservatory is full of hoverflies. All alive, some asleep, some shagging, all hovering

(7 Posts)
littlebrownmouse Fri 31-Jul-09 20:36:58

What to do? There must be about 50 of them. They're vile grim things and I don't want them mating in my house without my permission. Any top tips on getting rid would be gratefully received. Ta

TrillianAstra Fri 31-Jul-09 20:39:14

They can hover while asleep?

littlebrownmouse Fri 31-Jul-09 20:40:40

They're kind of dopily hovering, sort of slow and dozy. I don't know whether they're asleep or not but they look sleepy and I hate them.

littlebrownmouse Fri 31-Jul-09 20:45:31

Actually, just looked again. They're all still now apart from one that is swaying backwards and forwards in a spiders web (I sound a right housework slut now don't I? Flies and spiders webs.) Also, I counted a portion of them and there's way nore than 50, more like 100. I can't reach them cos they're right at the top and they've settled in between the glass and PVC.

Katisha Fri 31-Jul-09 20:46:21

I get this with flying ants every now and then. I hoover them up.

littlebrownmouse Fri 31-Jul-09 20:48:23

Thats a good idea. Do they carry on flying in the hoover? I have a Dyson and it might be fun to watch them buzzing around inside.

Katisha Fri 31-Jul-09 20:55:03

Well with the ants they don't fly around inside the dyson very long I must say. (This must be one of the bizarrest conversations I have had on MN).

But it is satisfying to hoover them up - with the wand.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now