Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone know what can remove stubborn water marks from shower screen?

(10 Posts)
LadyOfWaffle Fri 31-Jul-09 12:24:42

I have used flash bathroom cleaner, CIF, window cleaner but my shower screen is still covered in marks and feels grotty to touch. What will get it clean? It's only about a month old aswell shock Thanks

belgo Fri 31-Jul-09 12:25:53

Have you tried white vinegar?

CybilLiberty Fri 31-Jul-09 12:27:49

You need to have a spray that you can use after each shower and leave it rather than trying to scrub off what's already there. METHOD shower spray is brilliant.

If it's only a month old a spray and a bit of elbow grease will shift the deposits then you just need to keep on top of it.

I keep my bottle in the shower, spray when I've finshed and leave it. you don't need to rub.

MadameStripes Fri 31-Jul-09 12:28:00

Or Lime Lite spray?

LadyOfWaffle Fri 31-Jul-09 12:31:55

Not tried vinegar - I have scrubbed it over and over though, even with a brillo pad blush and the green side of the sponge and it won't shift. I will definatly get the leave in spray stuff, sounds ideal It's a very plain screen (over bath) so looks awful and makes the whole bathroom look dirty blush I will try vinegar next, though will have to wait as I only have chip stuff left! Thanks.

AMumInScotland Fri 31-Jul-09 12:39:01

We have a squeegee to use on the screen after each shower, which slows down the watermarks, and I have a go at it with a limescale remover spray now and then (like once a year...)

LittleMissNorty Fri 31-Jul-09 12:39:50

Cillit Bang works a treat smile

PavlovtheForgetfulCat Fri 31-Jul-09 12:39:52

soda crystals.

grime buster.

bronze Fri 31-Jul-09 12:42:33

I did mine the other day (oh my did it need it)
vinegar worked

LadyOfWaffle Fri 31-Jul-09 16:02:56

Thanks everyone I had some bath power shock lurking at the back of my cupboard and that's shifted it for now, but will spray etc. so it doesn't get so bad again. Downside it the bathroom stinks ! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now