DW emptied
Kitchen tops wiped
Livingroom dusted
Hoovered downstairs
Cooker top cleaned
Breakfasted
Conservatory tidied
beds made

We are now off to collect my neice for a fun packed day of activities and then home to do baking!!!

I am so glad it is friday

TheProfiteroleThief Fri 31-Jul-09 10:29:39

Hi all
off to bank for a meeting - eek. Does one need to dress smartly for bank manager these days?grin

The little friend to play. Other than that, plan to potter.

Have done spellings and dd2 had a meltdown - yay!

grouchyoscar Fri 31-Jul-09 13:36:20

Afternoon Ladies <<A frazzled Grouchy staggers in to collapse in a heap>>

Just had to tackle Ed's worst melt down in history, shouting, screaming, stamping 'I, I, I' and 'You, You, You blaming. Had to ask FIL to collect my errand as I couldn't inflict him on the general public shock Tried some 'planned ignoring' made lunch and 'normal kid' returned hmm

Done

Up and meds
Wash and teeth cleaning
Strip bed
Brekkie
Empty and reload WM
Peg out
Empty DW
Put away
S&S kitchen worktops
Pile of ironing
Put away clean dry washing
Re make the bed
Ask Ed why he hasn't got dressed [meltdown begins)
Hunt for missing vital items (TV remote etc)
Collect letter from Children's centre
Make lunch
Tidy away

Ed is grounded for the rest of the day and I'm off to make pizza dough. I'm really disheartened by these awful strops that he's having

grouchyoscar Fri 31-Jul-09 13:39:31

Prof Do we still have 'bank managers'? It always seems to be someone touting a loan/credit card in my experience. A different someone each time. Dress acceptably TBH they won't notice.

galen Fri 31-Jul-09 13:57:04

TM thanks for thread
grouchy Hi. Glad calm Ed has returned. Well done keeping your cool!
prof good luck at bank!

Spent most, no all , of morning sorting out passport fiasco.
6 new forms filled in
dug out remeining photos ( thank goodness I put them somewhere sensible!)
many begging phonecalls to GP
DS1 had to do form twice ( than goodness I got a spare!) due to his seemingly total innability to write name WITHIN the box grrr
DH dispatched to GPs with forms
Forms witnessed and returned
now awaiting return phonecall from Irish Embassy to see if it will speed things up if we drive to London on Monday with them (will probably end updoing this)

Still DC played with Ice Treasures in garden this morning (thanks TM for idea0
They ALL loved them, even m,y grumpy 11 yr old LOL, kept them occupied for ages!

Now still on major washing catch up...
will do some hous erescuing later
Roast gammon for dinnner - off to put in oven now.

Will BBL grin

Oh and thanks for all the tea and biccies yestaerday - yum, made me feel much better wink

TheProfiteroleThief Fri 31-Jul-09 14:21:22

Hi all
been to bank and gained a child. Not from the bank, but en route!

Assistant Manager must have been all of 13 grin. Still direct debits sorted etc. FLying my finances really! Feel much happier now.

Planning outing to seaside now with a group of mates!

wendyhappysmile Fri 31-Jul-09 15:07:24

Hiya everyone!
Manic week this week, much entertaining of lots of children and subsequent tidying up. Plus supporting a friend whose friend fell off a cliff near Scarborough and died (aged 20) - really horrible and sad.
Prof glad you're sorting the finances. I need to after buying that new oven last week!!! hairdressers set me back this morning, too, and we're off on hols tomorrow!
At home minus the children - have another hour to finish the packing, so better crack on really.
See you all in a week, may manage to get on before then, there is a wireless I think at the cottage main building bit - we're off for a week at Rosedale Abbey, there's a swimming pool luckily to keep dc busy in case of inevitable rain! We will be visiting lots of rainy castles, probably. Anything to get DS out and about - he is awful, truly, if he doesn't run around in the mornings!
Galen shock at passport fiasco - silly Embassy should have phoned you to tell you witness unavailable instead of just sending them back! hope it all goes ok!
Hugs to all until I see you again and yes to a York meet up at soft play soon!

TeaMonster Fri 31-Jul-09 15:20:21

Afternoon - just checking in - will be back later

galen Fri 31-Jul-09 16:06:43

Gosh wendy how tragic. Well done you for being there for your freind, bet it has been draining though.

Plan now for Dh to drive down to london on Monday with newly completed passport forms. eneral opinion seems to be that taking them in in person will speed things up. So now it has cost us an extra £60 for Drs sig and £30-£40 for petrol to London and back.....sigh...

Still DH being quite nice to me. Has taken DC out to play in garden and forbidden them form bothering me for 1/2 an hour and presented me with some pringles and little bottle of beer LOL

Have done lots of washing - amazingly not raining so can get stuff dry.
Have ordered DS1 new uniform (more ££££ ...sigh) and new school shoes for DD 2 and 3...
Gammon in oven, will go do veggies now....

feel that order may soon be restored...here's hoping!!

BBL grin

Tortoise Fri 31-Jul-09 16:13:29

Afternoon all.
Been really lazy again today blush but i did drag kids on a long dog walk! grin

Want to thank TM for pavement paints idea. Kids have just had great fun with them. Need to buy some bigger paint brushes to make it work better. What are Ice Treasures that Galen mentioned? Always on the look out for new things to keep kids occupied and away from the wii!

grouchyoscar Fri 31-Jul-09 16:56:08

Ed's done some 'productive' work today. He has continued to write his Rock Monster story and did 3 pages of his adding and subtraction work book {shock]

Having a well earned night out this evening with a few of the school mums. We're off for a curry which should be a nice change

Have a lovely time Wendy and I'm up for a meet up in York BTW. Good on you for being there for your friend

Week 2 down and I think I'm suriving grin

TeaMonster Fri 31-Jul-09 18:35:43

Evening all

We have had a really busy day today - see blog here also Tort click on ice treasures on the right hand side and it tells you all about them too!! I am turning into a summer activity guru grin

It has been nice to just do things with the children - no cleaning at all yet - need to iron tonight, but I guess that will be with a glass of fizzy.

Wendy Oh Rosedale Abbey - nice not too far from me, so if you get a rainy day and want a journey or a tip on wet weather stuff, just ring you have my number.

Wolf I have been worring about you today, please let us know how you are???

galen At least you have the general outline of what is happening now sorted and wow a bottle of beer - lucky you

Prof We too need to do the bank visit - arggggggggggg

Groucy Much sympathy, what is it with our boys - they can be terribly trying sad, at least there is always tomorrow.

Hmm - now to do evening routines and all that - later ladies

Tortoise Fri 31-Jul-09 19:11:40

Thanks TM. Will put the idea to the kids and see what they think. smile

wendyhappysmile Fri 31-Jul-09 19:29:48

hi everyone,
just on here to say bye with a glass of wine! TM not sure I still have your number, will check, otherwise def let's meet up in York!! Your DS2 has the same apron as my DD lol - we have made those lolly thingys before, aren't they fab.
hi Grouchy glad Ed has calmed down today after the strop!
galen sad at passport thing - would have been easier to go for the GB ones after all! Oh well, at least you'll have a lovely hols and well deserved.

Off to finish packing, make tea, tidy up etc.
May be on tomorrow to say bye again!
love you all ladies

TheProfiteroleThief Fri 31-Jul-09 19:31:42

yoo hoo
am having hair done tonight - wee hee!
dd wants her hair cut short, but dh does not want her to. I don;t really, but am not sure if I am being too controlling

Tortoise Fri 31-Jul-09 19:46:06

Prof Hope hair cut goes well smile. Think it depends how old DD is (I never remember other peoples kids ages!).smile

wendyhappysmile Fri 31-Jul-09 19:47:01

Must be hair cut day! I keep shaking my head to make mine swish!! lol

TheProfiteroleThief Fri 31-Jul-09 19:47:57

she is 9
some girls in her class have real 'styles' and highlights and coloured streaks, so I am very much in the conservative quater!

Tortoise Fri 31-Jul-09 19:55:14

I would let her have it cut then. It will soon grow back. smile
I wouldn't let her have highlights etc though.

My DS1 has asked if he can have blone highlights cos other boys do but i have said he is too young yet (12). To me hightlights/dyeing etc are more of a teenage/adult thing.

Wolfcub Fri 31-Jul-09 20:33:59

evening all*

*wendy
i love rosedale abbey, we spent man many weekends at spires house campsite which is between cropton and rosedale

tm you are very sweet to worry about me, it has been another horrid hard and emotionally draining work day but I did acvtually manage to get a lunch break (yay with sandwich and almond croissant) and I also managed to leave office at 5 (bloody miracle considering). Am not feeling well but am sure it will pass.

grouchy sorry you had a tough morning with Ed but glad it improved

prof shock at a 9 year old with highlights and coloured streaks, what are their parents thinking?

galen glad dh is giving you a bit of kid free time (and beer). Hope you get the passports sorted

Tortoise Fri 31-Jul-09 21:49:03

I am slowly decluttering by listing on Ebay! Anyone who wants to see my listings look [http://shop.ebay.co.uk/merchant/ozxyandmeW0QQ_nkwZQQ_armrsZ1QQ_fromZQQipgZ here]] smile

DD2 is still up! She is suddenly scared of the dark/spiders and won't stay in bed. I have given up! grin

Tortoise Fri 31-Jul-09 21:50:13

Oh bum!
here grin

grouchyoscar Sat 01-Aug-09 08:55:49

Here comes the *WEEKEND*

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now