Talk

Advanced search

Thursday Fly - Errand Day

(18 Posts)
swanriver Thu 30-Jul-09 09:08:34

Goodmorning

Need to get kids dressed and off for some last minute errands.
House is alright, just a rather strange smell still from carpet shampoo, or is it something else...old bananas?

Still need to pack dcs small knapsacks as well with them.

EustaciaVye Thu 30-Jul-09 10:04:01

hi all.

house a mess.

bbl.

BiancaCastafiore Thu 30-Jul-09 10:12:10

Hello

Mine too EV, mine too...

Just dropping in - haven't been on MN for yonks!

Hope everyone is well

TheProfiteroleThief Thu 30-Jul-09 10:23:41

Hi
am not supposed to be here!
bbl!

grouchyoscar Thu 30-Jul-09 11:13:36

Hello all

I'm not supposed to be here either! Just wanted to touch base and gain some sanity.

Paid a flying visit to Aldi for some supplies and Ed being Ed just made it chaotic and stressful and I left my walking stick in the trolley as I was trying to get 3 big bags in the taxi and keep an eye on him and AGGGGGGHHHHHHH

Stick located Phew. DH will pick it up tonight on his commute home

I need Ed respite. It's only 11am and I feel like I've done 2 days work. Looking after my friends DS this aft while she sorts out her move to Europe. They can play on the Wii shock

TeaMonster Thu 30-Jul-09 12:57:07

Afternoon all

Not really here yet, we are off out to artful animals at the childrens centre

Had a friend over for play this morning, boys are being boys

BBL

Sagacious Thu 30-Jul-09 13:00:20

Hi all was meant to be out today but sodding train strike means EVERYTHING round here has stopped

So have cleared out the huge chest of drawers in the dining room

dc's are doing crafty stuff with out of date pasta and seeds

Feeling better (was convinced I was going down with swineflu the lurgy)

galen Thu 30-Jul-09 15:26:58

hi all.
Can I just say aaaaaarrrrrrgggggghhhhh
have been waiting with baited breath for DC passports to arrive in anticipation of our hugely exciting trip to DLP in 2 weeks...
So today 6 little envelopes from the Irish embassy | (we're getting thwm Irish ones...long story - but They are half the price!) dropped through the letter box.
Yay I thought .... but NOOOOOOOOOO
They have all been sent back cause they couldnt contact our witness (our parish priest) who it turns out was away when they tried to ring.
Now we have to fill in new forms for all 6 DC AND get them witnessed all over again....
OH crap I cant believe it .... and we have only 2 weeks to get it sorted and get them back, and turns out our Priest is going away again on Monday so now we need to find someone else to witnes....will have to be GP so will cost ££££ and need to organise app....and did I mention we need them back within 2 weeks.....AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH
Have spent most of day in frantic phone conversations with Irish embasy and parish priest and Drs surgery...
Am in a foul mood now , and had massive row with DH...so now he is being foul, and all DC still being tired and foul ,,,
and I've had enough....
AAAARRRGGGHHH
BBL

fairybubbles Thu 30-Jul-09 15:40:47

Galen , it sounds like you have had a stressful day, hope you manage to get it sorted and still have some spending £££'s left over!

Been out all day with lo, quality time at park, had picnic, splashed in puddles.

Came home with soaking wet clothes so in wash straight away

House clean I done lots last night but still a lot of clutter about the -so its a clean mess.

Will tackle the toys that need sorting and the clean washing that will make the biggest difference. Oh, and I have a buggy in sitting room, its the spare, going back in my mums car later cause its driving me crazy.

BBL

grouchyoscar Thu 30-Jul-09 16:16:11

passes tea pot and plate of choc chip cookies to Galen It will work out I'm sure but huffy on your behalf

I have 3 6yr old boys in my front room shock and I'm sane hmm

Seem to have spent all afternoon trying to rebuild Ed's broken money box. It's bust but I won't chuck it as it sorts out the change. Will ask at the bank if they have any more

Made some Rocky Road Crunch and rifled through the fridge to save fruits from the compost caddy. Made mango and cherry puree. I think I will make a sponge top for it

Got dinner guest for tonight, might make it for pud

littleboyblue Thu 30-Jul-09 16:20:38

Just tagging for later. x

swanriver Thu 30-Jul-09 16:23:00

Galen, that sounds perfectly apalling. Why did they not ring you to tell you they could not contact the priest? And why did priest not leave someone to answer his phone? Surely it must be a common problem with official witnesses.
I think if you go there in person (ie: go to London for day trip - don't know if your dh is around to cover) with evidence of tickets they will fast track them.

Children here being a pain, but don't really blame them as trying to get ready for anything is not ideal parenting situation. But we have done quite a few errands,

catfood
travel insurance
new (cheap)squashy suitcase as old one was too heavy
lunch

Ds2 is actually being a nightmare - we are going to his german granny's special 80th lunch and beginning to wonder if he is cut out for foreign travel and relative visiting. A combination of incontinence, screeching, jabbering, early waking is beginning to worry us. He has just flooded bathroom upstairs. I am going to discuss with dh whether I should stay behind with him and make life a bit easier. DS2 doesn't seem to mind missing trip at all and is now talking about all the things he wants to do in London so hmm

swanriver Thu 30-Jul-09 16:25:44

Grouchy, always find the more little friends the better, also makes one feel very "useful" and less cross with one's own's behaviour. Mango and cherry puree, wow sounds like an exquisite concoction.

galen Thu 30-Jul-09 16:59:57

yeah swan I'm so bummed. He can only have been away for a week, cause i saw him at the end of term, and letter went out at start of this week.
Stupid thing is he cant even just ring up now, we have to do the whole *** form again X6 angry
They have said we should still get them in time if we get them off quickly....I'm just so annoyed by the whole thing...they were such a headache to get done in the first place...and really it just feels like one thing after another at the moment...
Hope your trip goes smotthly...whether you go or not!
grouchy thanks for tea and cookies, just what I needed, and yay for happy playing little ones!

TeaMonster Thu 30-Jul-09 20:39:07

galen Sending special Tea and Biccies to you, sounds like it has been a pig of a day. Hope tomorrow is better

Waves to everyone else.

Today has been Thursday, but a different sort of Thursday. A rearranged less stressy Thursday. A much nicer, happier, more relaxing and preferential Thursday - yes you get my drift.

We had friends over this morning and played and laughed.
We then had a left over lunch
Went to animal antics at Surestart
Went to mums and got her shopping list
Left the boys with her
Did her and my shopping
Went back to mums and cooked for the boys
Got back in the car and came home to a house were DH had

Emptied the bins
watered the plants
fed the cat
changed the cats litter
got the boys PJ's ready
Got their clothes out for tomorrow
made me a cup of tea

Hurray for a summer Thursday

Wolfcub Thu 30-Jul-09 21:35:57

evening all just got home from work, 11 very difficult and stressful hours with no break and almost no food (read pack of low fat baked crisps, go ahead bar and a slimfast all before 1 and nothing else until I got home) - aaargh, not good when I was already feeling fragile.

galen hugs and chocolate from the wolf house to you
tm that sounds like a cool thursday to me

swanriver Thu 30-Jul-09 22:47:46

TM that sounds a brilliant new routine. I must say the thought of serious (as opposed to recreational)food shopping with kids in tow is my idea of hell - you were heroic to have tackled it for so long.

Wolf that sounds a grim diet to work on- I think tomorrow you should allow yourself a very filling but healthy sandwich.

Galen, when they FINALLY arrive it will all seem like a bad dream. I suppose it is to prevent fraud but STILL what wretched bureaucrats. Did you keep the spare photos which weren't signed? And at least all the paperwork is now done, except for blooming forms.

We are all going after several hysterical fits from various parties. If dh can keep his hair on.
He is a seriously BAD traveller. I am a bad packer up of house and home, but he is so neurotic that I am not surprised that ds2 is beginning to copy him.

Mowed lawn
tomorited plants
made catsitting arrangements to last fluffy blanket
sorted recycling
removed excess from luggage
cleaned out bins
removed rubbish from garden
polished furniture with children
cleaned kitchen shelf
put away umpteen clean teeshirts in drawers
bought myself a sparkly dress from local pound shop (well almost)
cleaned loos and basins, kitchen, hall ad infinitum

Woohoo off we go grin
Have a good trip too Shannara in the Haven
Tortoise hope the dd party goes well (have I got it wrong?)

See you next August 7th!

TeaMonster Fri 31-Jul-09 09:51:24

friday is here

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now