Talk

Advanced search

Mould on clothes

(12 Posts)
MrsGokWantstogotoHogwarts Fri 24-Jul-09 19:04:12

Just found a whole load of clothes stuffed in the corner of DS1's room with a wet flannel and we have a some really awful furry, green, smelly, mouldy clothes. Some of them are really precious and I wanted to be able to pass them down to the other DC's.

Does any one have any tried and tested methods of getting mould out of clothes, please, I am really desperate.

mummyloveslucy Fri 24-Jul-09 19:20:09

Oh no! sad This happened to me and unfortunetly we had to throw them away. (not what you want to hear, I know) The clothes had black spots on them. We tried washing, vanish, bleech. Nothing worked.
I'll keep looking to see if anyone else has manageged to do it.

Nappyzoneisabeetrootrunner Fri 24-Jul-09 19:26:25

We have had same thing recently on a few of dd's white tops - they have been washed a zillion times but black spots can still be seen in clusters - we now use them to wash the car sorry sad

MrsGokWantsatidyhouse Sat 25-Jul-09 14:15:55

Oh! well thanks anyway ladies. I've bunged them in the machine on a pre-wash, so we will see what happens.

BCLass Sat 25-Jul-09 14:39:05

Some good suggestions when I asked this here

Haven't actually got round to trying yet though blush

MrsGokWantsatidyhouse Sat 25-Jul-09 14:46:02

Right thanks BCLass, am poppping into town later so will buy some Detol Mould and Mildew remover and see what happens.

IwishIwasmoreorganised Sat 25-Jul-09 14:46:03

I've just found a pillow with black mould spots on blush

Have washed it once but it's not much better, sounds like its next stop is the bin!

MrsGokWantsatidyhouse Sat 25-Jul-09 14:47:19

Iwish don't thow yet, try the Dettol stuff as per BCLass's thread. You never know, it might work.

IwishIwasmoreorganised Sat 25-Jul-09 14:51:40

Worth I try I suppose.

I had thought it wouldn't be a good idea on a pillow because of any fumes or bleach or something but I guess as it's going to have another wash then it's not a problem

<dashes back into other forums - how ever did I find my way into Good Housekeeping, it's so not me!!??>

MrsGokWantsatidyhouse Sat 25-Jul-09 18:41:55

PMSL grin

I have just come back from the shops and am armed with my Dettol Mould and Mildew spray. Watch out mould here I come.

mumdrivenmad Sun 02-Aug-09 11:28:32

You need to boil wash them with some oxy type powder (the cheaper versions of oxyclean), or if it is a particularly delicate fabric just soak them in a just boiled solution, keep going till the stains are gone this also works for chocolate stains too. I did have a leaching of colour on a pink t-shirt once but you will find that white cotton is ok with the boiling.

bluetortoise Mon 03-Aug-09 13:47:06

Hi MrsGok, I got rid of mouldy from my pillow case using one of those sterilising (sp) tablets (like milton tablets, although mine were one of the mothercare ones :-) Had tried lots of things and that was the only thing that really worked, good luck

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now