Talk

Advanced search

Cleaning materials for potty training

(11 Posts)
tatty33 Fri 24-Jul-09 18:05:51

Wish me luck, I'm starting on Monday!

Was hoping for a bit of advice about what I'll need for cleaning up accidents, is one of those clear anti bacterial sprays good enough or do I need to be a bit more hardcore? remember my sis having a bottle of dettol around...

Thanks

FabBakerGirlIsBack Fri 24-Jul-09 18:06:46

I answered when you posted this before.

tatty33 Fri 24-Jul-09 18:08:36

I just saw, thank you. Just thought it was worth double checking with the experts in good housekeeping, no offence intended

FabBakerGirlIsBack Fri 24-Jul-09 18:11:21

None taken

Indith Fri 24-Jul-09 18:12:48

I have a spray bottle with slightly soapy water, a few drops of teatree and a cup of bicarb in.

Wee just gets wiped up with an old nappy, and the floors get washed every few days, the odd poo gets lifted with loo roll and flushed then there is a generous amount of cleaning with anti-bac spray.

tatty33 Fri 24-Jul-09 18:27:05

Thanks all, this is the only time i've been grateful for our ugly laminate floor

Ealingkate Mon 27-Jul-09 12:43:28

You can buy something from the vets which is anti-bacterial and anti-odour, I suppose it's for when dogs and cats do their ones and twos on the carpet before they're house trained. It works a treat. Sorry I can't remember the name, I'll see if I can find out.

crokky Mon 27-Jul-09 12:48:28

I just cleaned up with baby wipes. Wee and poo is not dangerous. Baby wipes are good on hard floors and for scrubbing poo out of carpets.

If you get wee on carpets, kitchen roll is very absorbant and gets it up well.

Ealingkate Mon 27-Jul-09 13:46:44

The spray is called Totalcare and is about £5, probably only worth using for a big poo or repeat weeing!
http://www.hyperdrug.co.uk/Totalcare-Odour_Stain-Remover-375ml-spray/productinfo/TOTALCARE/

SparkyToo Tue 04-Aug-09 19:50:03

I can't remember there actually ending up being so many 'accidents' during the day when we were potty training. The classic as far as I was concerned was that they always want to do a 'no. 2' just as you've arrived at the park!!

But, to be honest the daytime potty training seemed to be done and dusted in a flash compared to this getting them to stay dry through the night business!! To save your little ones mattress from night-time accidents I would definitely recommend these fitted waterproof sheets as they have just been so incredibly durable as they have literally lasted years. We are STILL trying to get our boys (yes both of them) trained to remain dry through the night. It's proving quite a job!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now