Talk

Advanced search

Need a scary MNetter to give me a kick up the bum, (Warning, contains slatternly behaviour)

(15 Posts)
alicecrail Thu 23-Jul-09 15:02:19

I have got a friend coming over this evening (with her puppy), a friend coming over for coffee tomorrow, FIL coming to stay saturday night, and a friend coming over with her 2dc on monday. And i have quite a bit of housework to do this afternoon. But can i drag myself off the sofa? No.

So i need someone scary to give me that kick that i am desperately in need of.

Thanks smile

allaboutme Thu 23-Jul-09 15:06:53

have a cup of tea while you think about what needs doing grin

alicecrail Thu 23-Jul-09 15:10:46

Have already done that and made a list. It is as follows <<clears throat>>

Dry washing
Finish dusting (try to get cobwebs from stairwell ceiling)
Tidy hall
Sweep hall
Take all upstairs stuff, back upstairs
Sweep kitchen/conservatory
Wipe down front of fridge
Go to waitrose
Wipe down front of kitchen cupboards
Empty waste paper baskets.

alicecrail Thu 23-Jul-09 15:24:27

There must be someone even remotely scary about? You could just pretend to be scary grin

DebiNewberry Thu 23-Jul-09 15:25:22

Just put some terrible music on, and GET ON WITH IT

For some reason I find HSM to be v motivating.

alicecrail Thu 23-Jul-09 15:26:45

Oh dear! You seemed quit scary until you mentioned HSM grin

I will try some vampire weekend, that sometimes helps

DebiNewberry Thu 23-Jul-09 15:30:04

Yes, that will do, but isn't terrible enough. Put it on loud, I find putting a timer on helps. And I pretend to be my own cleaner. (does that makes sense - I like to know that there is an end point?)

DebiNewberry Thu 23-Jul-09 15:30:21

Yes, that will do, but isn't terrible enough. Put it on loud, I find putting a timer on helps. And I pretend to be my own cleaner. (does that makes sense - I like to know that there is an end point?)

alicecrail Thu 23-Jul-09 16:33:53

That is a good idea, i hadn't thought of doing it like that.

randomtask Thu 23-Jul-09 16:40:50

I write a list then put time limits. I put slightly longer times (5 mins to clean front of fridge but won't take that long) then know it'll only take X amount of time to know it'll do the whole job. Somehow, this stops my procrastination and gets me rushing more.

So, get off your lazy butt and rush round doing it. Then you'll get time to enjoy seeing your visitors. [all said in suitably scary voice] {grin]

alicecrail Thu 23-Jul-09 16:53:07

grin

I have dusted and de-cobbwebbed the stairwell,
Tidied the hall,
Sorted out the washing
Tidied all the toys away
Emptied the waste paper basket
Made a pile of stuff to go upstairs and put it on the stairs so i will take it up when i next go upstairs.

I will do all the sweeping next, and wipe down the cupboards and fridge once i've cooked dinner.

I will ask DH to go to waitrose on his way home from work grin

raffyandted Thu 23-Jul-09 17:14:57

That's pathetic, you've hardly done anything. Get off your arse and put your back into it. I clean my entire house with a toothbrush and neat bleach every morning, I cook a nutritously balanced five-course meal for my family in the afternoon and my evenings are spent handing out soup to the homeless.

Is that scary?

alicecrail Thu 23-Jul-09 17:54:20

Yes, feeling very scared now.

I have swept the floors now too grin

Merrylegs Thu 23-Jul-09 17:57:44

Honestly?

Do nothing until friend with puppy has been and gone.

Then you can clean.

alicecrail Thu 23-Jul-09 18:12:03

I like your thinking, i am putting the hoovering off until tomorrow morning as i know my house will smell of dog once he's been. Thank god for Febreeze! (can't believe i've just said that blush)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now