Thursday Fly - Summer holiday errand day

(21 Posts)
TeaMonster Thu 23-Jul-09 02:58:05

Morning FLy friends

Insomnia has me again, plus a really sore right eye, so

mission

BBL

TheProfiteroleThief Thu 23-Jul-09 08:11:42

Poor monster. You are suffering today. Do you struggle to get to sleep, or wake up and then can't get bac to sleep? I'm the latter type - wake up then worry for England

dylsmum1998 Thu 23-Jul-09 08:24:29

morning all
2nd attempt at posting - stupid internet everytime i try and post on here it goes down!!

my sis and neice are coming to stay fpr the weekend, to go to my aunts wedding on sat
i need to collect her from my mums tom, where my other sis is depositing them, and return them on mon.
we go on hol first thing tues morning

to do today
tidy
hoover
breakfast
wash up
s&s bathroom
mission catch up
sort dry wahin
load washer
unload washer
iron
ds to hairdresser
town for last min bits
farmers market for eggs etc
start packing

must get on try and get back later

swanriver Thu 23-Jul-09 08:52:24

That sounds a whirl Dyslmum smile
My brother's fiancee is coming this morning to try a bridesmaid dress on dd (last minute plan to have a bridesmaid) I fear it will only be a simple shift, was looking forward to frills and ribbons andnet petticoats.

TMH, hope yougot back to sleep
We were woken toooo early. In the end dh handed ds1 ds2 and told him to entertain him.

Feeling a bit more focused today, as I wrote what I needed to do today, last night.

Done
emergency shopping first thing for washing powder stamps and bleach
I find shopping with kids near impossible as they always start demanding crisps, sweets fanta and magazines.

grouchyoscar Thu 23-Jul-09 08:58:30

Morning my FLYfriends grin

Thanks for the thread Tea Insomnia is vile isn't it sad Woke up in the front room again this morning my self

Dyls my twinterweb keeps dropping at inappropriate times too

Howdydoo to Prof

Yesterday, after Ed's swimming lesson he had a meltdown as I wouldn't go to Tesco and but him a toy shock It was his B'day on Saturday FFS! When I said 'no' and explained I needed to start making dinner he told me I'd 'made me really sad' and I 'should be ashamed of myself' WTF the child is 6! He's lost his DS and wii priveledges for today at least. Plkus we are not spending the day with Cartoon Network either.

DONE

Up and put my bivvy away
Take down crockery
Make bed
Make brekie
Long shower, wash hair etc
Get Ed's brekkie ready

Going to spend the day potterring and stuff TTFN

TeaMonster Thu 23-Jul-09 09:07:57

Morning all again

Prof I get off OK, but I was tossing and turning and got up so that at least DH could get some rest. No more rest for me

I did get some washing done though - including some hand washing!!!

Swan I am sure DD would be happy with anything. I was a bridesmaid only once at 11 and I hated it - I dropped the wedding cake I was supposed to be handing out - although the bridge and groom are our closest friends and godparents to our boys and forgave me. I was only BM on the insistance of my Grandpa - who was the family patriarc grin

Dyls Sounds like you are going to have a lovley time and I bet your holiday will be fantastic

We are waiting in for the company to collect the bed, then the dreaded Thirsday starts!!!!

So Aldi shop with mum
M&S

Back to play with the minis and sort out dinner etc

swanriver Thu 23-Jul-09 09:11:36

sounds JUST like my children Grouchy
give an inch, take a mile

I once remember reading a very profound bit of advice from a seasoned childminder about how she used to take her kids on trips all over the place with the simple proviso - she never bought anything (not even drinks and snacks) en route (that would be too hard for me) EXCEPT a postcard for each child. So they never expected to go into a shop and purchase exciting things. I have failed mserably, my children swarm around looking for treats.

Done the laundry and breakfast.
Now to SWITCH OFF THE TELLY which has been on since 8.00

Sagacious Thu 23-Jul-09 09:13:33

Hi all
Slow start here today

Am planning on a pottering morning
Then the dreaded dentist (dd has a worrying brown spot on one of her teeth and ds has had 2 fillings now.. they brush twice a day /minimal sweets..am beginning to wonder what more they can do)

After than a bit of shopping then home for tea.

Sorted house out yesterday so hopefully just the usual routines

Have a big bbq on Saturday so need to sort out garden/bar

BBL

TheProfiteroleThief Thu 23-Jul-09 09:43:51

Oooo telly is fixed - just under 3 weeks without it!

Hey Grouch - stick to you guns! Clearly ds has internalised some messages about 'doing the wrong thing' lol

TeaMonster Thu 23-Jul-09 10:24:00

Morning again all

Update from moi

Bed has been collected
Arts and craft cuboard sorted
Shopping list played with ds2 constantly
DS2 is on the wii
washing hung out
washer back on

I have just rung mum to tell her they have been and she is asleep

prof yeh to tellie

TheProfiteroleThief Thu 23-Jul-09 10:41:09

yay!

Have you tried knitting at night? Repetitive, not too demanding and can be donein low light? Apparantly good for stressy non-sleepers

Ludaloo Thu 23-Jul-09 14:04:05

Hi Guys smile

Its all changed on here! How is everyone...all good I hope.

I've been busy working so hardly get the time for a sit down and a chat these days sad

We are all off out in a bit...birthday parties galore this holiday!

How is everyone coping so far? My three have been quite good really (but then I would say that...its DH that has to stay at home with them all!! grin)

TeaMonster Thu 23-Jul-09 15:56:51

Afternoon all

Hi Luda Mis Mad in Tea mode. How is work going????

Prof I can not knit, it is on my list of things to do. I have just broght a working sewing machine back from my mums.

Shopping done
GP visited - Infection and drops, plus general run down ness
Washing hung out
washer on again!!!!
books collected
playdate arranged for tomorrow

Both the boys are ratty and coming down with something, DS1 has a chesty cough and gooey nose sad

I am contenplating dinner

swanriver Thu 23-Jul-09 16:24:48

We have had a very quiet morning with only a few arguments grin
usual difficulty getting dcs to leave house {except for dd who was frothing at mouth to go on a bike ride)put their socks on etc, but we have just been to park for a bikeride
torrential rain - all of us SOAKED
back to hot baths and making 80th birthday cards for MIL
ds1 has been playing his violin all day and sneaking onto ds which I have now confiscated
dts played airports after lunch

Done
very little except lunch, hoovering playroom and some laundry (which is now all wet again b[grinds teeth] and trying to keep kids from mutiny.

So Luda, you asked about hols - 80 percent lovely but a different pace of existence really, lots of debris having to be accommodated or else one would go quietly bonkers.

swanriver Thu 23-Jul-09 16:31:38

Oh yes bridesmaid dress was charming! That was what happened this mornng, I forgot...SIL said it cost only £15 in a sale shock

TeaMonster Thu 23-Jul-09 19:49:49

Evening all

Swan Glad the dress was lovley.

I fed the boys, but have no interst in food for me hmm. I am shattered though

Ironing done and put away

We are off to softplay tomorrow and I am taking my georgous 4 year old neice too, so that should be fun.

Need some sleep

galen Thu 23-Jul-09 20:25:40

evening all
TM sorry about lack of sleep. Hope tonights proes better fpr you
swan dress and bridesmaid fun sounds lovely

everyone-else Hi

It has indeed been a strange couple of days since the funeral. TM exacly as you described it is all a sort of anti-climax. (hadnt really expected it )Trying to go about everyday life, but all feeling very flat. Almost felt better in the midst of funeral stuff etc and being distraught....now just sort of a nothingness...
Various of DH family memebrs ( he has 6 siblings) arguing amongst themselves over insignificant trivia...(eg what room the dog should be in this afternoon) and all getting upset with each other , in a kind of avoiding sort of a way..all really difficult to handle.
DC all also excepationally tired, and confused by the whole thing. Older ones still obviously missing Grandad etc...
Plus normal hassles of staying as guests in someones house with 6 DC...still very lacking in sleep, and desperately tired, but doing my best to hold it all togeter for DH, and MIL.

Still not sure when we are coming back...next week sometime I think.
Have left house in a total state so will need to do some big style FLYing on my return LOL

Hope the rest of you are surviving the holidays.wink

BB later in week.

TheProfiteroleThief Thu 23-Jul-09 20:37:14

Off to sort dds and dinner
Hope everyone has peaceful evening

TheProfiteroleThief Thu 23-Jul-09 20:41:30

Ooooooooooooooooo just seen I have made Quote of the Week! I feel very famous

swanriver Thu 23-Jul-09 21:14:02

Dd has a sleepover friend here, they are still giggling and ds2 is v. twitchy
Tomorrow I have very stupidly re-booked carpet cleaner to come
wet washing everywhere as well
but just had some homegrown courgettes, fish fillets and baked potatoes so smile

Galen, hope you can get out of house and take them for a long walk somewhere.
The grownup siblings probably don't even realise how they are behaving, just discharging bad feelings I suppose, must be a horrible what do we do now? feeling to everything sad

Going away for weekend tomorrow with dcs on train - suppose I should go and make a few lists. Looking forward to an adventure, just don't want to get bogged down with packing.
and need to re-check the giggling girls.

grouchyoscar Fri 24-Jul-09 08:55:04

Shush, don't tell anyone......

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now